Armed robbery by man in clown mask, drugs, car theft, DUI’s among Antioch police calls for service Oct. 27 – Nov. 3, 2016Wednesday, December 7th, 2016
Publisher’s Note: Please accept our apologies for the delay in getting these reports to you. We have three more to post from November.
Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated November 4, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data Summary
Time Period: 10/27/2016 00:00:00 – 11/02/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,660
Number of Case Reports: 258
Number of Arrests: 79
Arrests with DUI charge: 7
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·11/3/2016 at 2:18 am, officers responded to a reported disturbance at the ABC Rendezvous located at 101 Walter Way. Two males were challenging patrons to fight out front. On arrival, no one was out front and there was no one reporting anything in the bar. As officers were about leave, 42 year old Angelina Rosiles was found passed out intoxicated in the middle of Railroad Ave near A St. She woke up and attempted to walk away and cross A St. She was detained in handcuffs when she refused to stop and immediately became uncooperative yelling obscenities at everyone. Her boyfriend came out and advised they had been drinking at the bar when she suddenly left and walked away. Rosiles was arrested and booked into county jail for public intoxication.
- ·11/2/2016 at 10:35 pm, officers responded to a silent alarm at Brighter Beginnings located at 2213 Buchanan Rd. On arrival, officers could hear someone prying at a door or window. 39 year old Charles Livous was contacted walking away from the area of the alarm. He was carrying a knife and dropped it when ordered to. He was detained and it was discovered he had been the one attempting to pry a door to the business open and set off the alarm. The knife matched the pry marks in the door frame. The owner of the complex and business was contacted who advised officers this has been an ongoing problem with Livous breaking into various rooms and businesses in the complex. He was arrested for attempted burglary and booked into county jail.
- ·11/2/2016 at 1:25 pm, 29 year old Lawrence Cuff was contacted to the rear of Subway on Delta Fair Blvd and found to have a warrant for his arrest for arson. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·11/2/2016 at 11:23 am, 25 year old Morgan Scales was contacted as a passenger of a vehicle during a traffic enforcement stop on Davison Dr and Vandenberg Way for expired registration. Scales had a probation violation warrant for auto theft. Scales was transported to the APD jail and later booked into county jail.
- ·11/2/2016 at 3:14 am, officers responded to an alarm at the Sinclair Fuel Mart located at 3720 Lone Tree Wy. Upon their arrival, they found 36 year old Jose Galaz burglarizing the business. Galaz was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·11/1/2016 at 11:20 pm, an officer located 49 year old Leonard Burleigh walking on the street at E 18th St and Evergreen Av and stopped him to conduct a probation search. The officer was aware that Burleigh is on misdemeanor probation for possession of a controlled substance. Burleigh was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. He was cite-released at the scene.
- ·11/1/2016 at 11:16 pm, an officer contacted the occupants of a suspicious vehicle with no license plates in the Ramada Inn parking lot on Mahogany Way. A check of the vehicle identification number revealed it was stolen. 29 year old Edgar Ramos was seated in the driver seat and told the officer he borrowed the car from an unknown friend. Ramos was in possession of a fixed blade knife and a baggy of methamphetamine. He was arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·11/1/2016 at 10:40 pm, 21 year old Derial Royster was contacted during a traffic stop at Fitzuren Rd and Contra Loma Blvd and was found to have a warrant for his arrest for burglary and conspiracy. Royster was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·11/1/2016 at 10:50 am, officers were conducting extra patrol duties of City Park at 1000 A St when they made contact with 27 year old Destiny Vargas. She was found to have an outstanding misdemeanor warrant for her arrest out of Newark for petty theft and possession of drug paraphernalia. She was given a new court date and cite-released from the scene.
- ·11/1/2016 at 9:43 am, employees of the law offices in the 2200 block of A St called APD to report a transient in the doorway refusing to leave. Upon arrival, officers located 51 year old Monte Swindell in the process of masturbating. He is currently on felony probation for indecent exposure and was taken into custody for this incident and sent to county jail.
- ·11/1/2016 at 9:42 am, 67 year old James Wedding was contacted by officers in the Big Lots parking lot located at 3103 Delta Fair Blvd. He was found to have two outstanding misdemeanor warrants for his arrest. He was given a new court date and cite-released from the scene.
- ·10/31/2016 at 7:11 pm, an officer conducted an enforcement stop on a vehicle at Railroad Av and C St. 34 year old William Hollibaugh and 25 year old Richard Lewis were passengers in the vehicle. Lewis was found to have a warrant for possession of a concealed firearm and methamphetamine. He was arrested without incident and booked at county jail. Lewis was on felony probation for vehicle theft and during a subsequent search was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. Lewis was also arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·10/31/2016 at 4:58 pm, an adult male was drinking near the railroad tracks at the Antioch Lumber building on W 2nd St and did not hear the approaching BNSF train. The male was struck by the train which caused major injuries to his head and legs. He was conscious and alert when we arrived and flown via medical helicopter to the hospital. BNSF railroad police responded and took over the investigation.
- ·10/31/2016 at 4:44 pm, an officer conducted an enforcement stop on a vehicle with no license plates at W 19th St and D St. 26 year old James McEvoy was driving and 18 year old KC Holland was a passenger. A check of the vehicle identification number revealed the vehicle was stolen from Concord. McEvoy was on probation for vehicle theft, evading, and firearms violations. McEvoy was arrested and booked at county jail. Holland was released pending further investigation.
- ·10/31/2016 at 12:30 pm, officers were on routine patrol when they observed 35 year old Michael Kyle in front of 85 S. Lake Dr. The officers were aware Kyle had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for burglary and evading charges. Kyle was taken into custody without incident and transported to county jail.
- ·10/31/2016 at 8:34 am, officers responded to the 2400 block of Sequoia Dr on a report of an unwanted guest. Upon arrival, officers observed 21 year old Lafayette Davenport hiding in some bushes in front of the home. It was determined that Davenport was in a verbal dispute with the homeowner. Davenport was admonished by the officers to leave per the homeowner’s request. At approximately 1139 hours, a Parking Enforcement Officer was in the process of towing an abandoned vehicle across the street, which was determined to be Davenport’s vehicle. Davenport became upset and challenged everyone to a fight. Davenport was arrested for disturbing the peace and transported to county jail.
- ·10/30/2016 at 8:35 pm, a delivery driver for Domino’s Pizza responded to an address in the 2000 block of Johnson Drive for a delivery, but when he got there the residents told him they hadn’t ordered anything. The delivery driver returned to his vehicle and was approached by two males with guns. One was wearing a black ski mask and the other was wearing a clown mask with a red nose. The males robbed him of his cell phone and wallet, and then fled in a vehicle that the victim was not able to describe.
- ·10/30/2016 at 6:00 pm, an officer responded to a burglary where a side garage door was kicked in at a residence in the 2400 block of Taylor Way and a pressure washer was taken from the garage. A neighbor had a video of the responsible and the responsible vehicle and recognized the car from the neighborhood. Officers went to the suspect’s residence, found the pressure washer, the suspect vehicle, and the suspect, 38 year old Noorulah Tarin. Tarin was arrested for burglary without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/30/2016 at 4:49 pm, an officer contacted the occupants of a suspicious vehicle in the 400 block of Shaddick Dr. 32 year old Selena Gomez was a passenger in the vehicle and had a no-cite warrant in the system for her arrest for petty theft. Gomez was arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·10/30/2016 at 12:07 pm, officers were dispatched to a vehicle collision into a power pole at 1015 Fitzuren Rd. Upon arrival, two occupants of the vehicle fled on foot into a nearby apartment complex. Witnesses pointed to a bush nearby and indicated the subjects discarded what appeared to be a firearm. A loaded 9mm handgun was located by officers in the bush. 25 year old Armando Alvarez was found hiding behind the 7-11 on Contra Loma Blvd where a second firearm was found nearby. Alvarez had ammunition in his pocket that matched the second firearm. Alvarez was arrested, but the second subject was not located. Alvarez could not be identified as the driver of the vehicle that severed the power pole and caused a power outage in the area. He was booked into county jail.
- ·10/30/2016 at 8:27 am, a resident in the 300 block of Minner Dr found 42 year old Monica Esquivel in his backyard and detained her with a shovel until APD arrived. Esquivel was arrested for trespassing and released at the scene with a citation.
- ·10/30/2016 at 5:49 am, officers responded to a vehicle collision at the 1000 block of W 11th St and contacted 21 year old Osbaldo Casteneda who was determined to be DUI. Casteneda was arrested without incident and taken to the hospital for medical treatment and a blood draw. Casteneda was released pending further investigation due to medical care needs. The case will be filed with the District Attorney’s Office at a later date.
- ·10/30/2016 at 5:35 am, officers contacted 25 year old Leah Wallace in the 2200 block of Oakley Rd regarding a suspicious vehicle. Dispatch confirmed warrants for Wallace’s arrest for drug related charges. Wallace was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/29/2016 at 8:50 pm, officers responded to the 2200 block of Lemontree Way for the report of a trespasser. Officers contacted 32 year old Patrick Howard who had a warrant for his arrest on domestic violence related charges. He was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/29/2016 at 5:55 pm, an adult female called APD to report she had been robbed and carjacked. She went to 2301 Sycamore Dr to apply for an apartment. As she walked back to her car, an unknown adult male armed with a handgun approached her and demanded her purse and keys. She did not resist and gave the male what he demanded. He then fled in her vehicle to an unknown location. The victim still had her phone and called her boyfriend to tell him what just happened. She walked to McDonalds on Mahogany Way and called APD about an hour after this incident happened. The victim was not injured and the case is still under investigation.
- ·10/29/2016 at 5:00 pm, officers responded to 2301 Sycamore Dr for the report of an adult female in the parking lot covered in blood. On arrival, the female was contacted and found to be bleeding from her face and head. She told officers she had been in the area of W 18th St and D St when an unknown person hit her from behind in the head with some type of hard object. When she fell to the ground, several other subjects began kicking and punching her. They stopped and ran away and she went to a friend’s apartment in the Delta Pine Apartments on Sycamore Dr. She does not know who assaulted her or why. She was transported to the hospital by ambulance where she was treated and later released. There are few leads in the case.
- ·10/29/2016 at 3:24 am, officers responded to the report of a subject passed out in his vehicle after rear ending a parked vehicle in front of 308 Putnam St. 41 year old Jose Lagunas was found passed out in the driver seat of his vehicle, which was lodged under the rear bumper of a pickup truck. Lagunas was contacted and woke up. He stepped from his vehicle and was found to be intoxicated. He had no visible injuries, but had difficulty standing. He was transported to the hospital and later consented to a blood draw. He was admitted for observation due to his level of intoxication. He passed out in the bed and was released pending further investigation for DUI.
- ·10/29/2016 at 1:50 am, officers responded to a reported rollover collision in the area of Spanos St and Springwood Dr. 27 year old Rafael Pantoja was located on Spanos St sitting on the curb. His truck was on its side in the middle of Spanos St. Pantoja had been southbound on Spanos St when he veered to the left and collided with a parked minivan. This caused Pantoja’s truck to roll over several times. Pantoja was ejected through the driver’s door window into the roadway. No one else was in his truck and he had a large amount of road rash on his back, head, and arms. He was found to be intoxicated and later arrested for DUI. He was transported to the hospital for treatment and admitted due to his injuries. He consented to a blood draw and was released pending further investigation at the hospital.
- ·10/29/2016 at 1:37 am, APD units responded to the area of Bellfower Dr and Hillcrest Av after neighborhood residents called to report hearing vehicles racing and then a loud crash. Officers located 24 year old Mokhtar Elyacy’s Acura Integra on Bellfower Dr just east of Hillcrest Ave facing the wrong way in the road. Both left side rims were destroyed and the tires were flat. Elyacy had been travelling west on Bellflower Dr at a high rate of speed and lost control. He spun out and slid sideways and backwards over the north curb, stopping just short of Hillcrest Av. Over 200′ of locked four wheel skids were found. Elyacy was subsequently determined to be intoxicated and was later booked into county jail for DUI after providing a breath sample.
- ·10/28/2016 at 11:07 pm, APD dispatch began receiving calls of an explosion and fire behind Denny’s on Lone Tree Way. Officers were dispatched with Contra Costa Fire to the area. When they arrived, they located a partially exploded pipe bomb in a dumpster enclosure behind the Hurricane Bar and Grill building. One witness reported seeing several juveniles calmly walking away from the scene after the explosion. A detailed area check was done to locate more devices, but none were found. APD worked with the Contra Costa Arson Investigator to photograph and collect evidence from the scene. At this point, no suspects have been identified and the case is still under investigation.
- ·10/28/2016 at 7:16 pm, a vehicle was stopped in the #1 lane of Wilbur Ave attempting to make a left turn into an apartment complex near Orchard Lane. 28 year old Raul Perez was traveling on Wilbur Ave and collided into the rear of the vehicle making a left hand turn. Both occupants of that vehicle suffered minor injuries and complaints of pain. Perez was also injured but was extremely uncooperative when officers arrived. He showed symptoms of being under the influence and was transported to the hospital for treatment. He was arrested for DUI but refused to provide a blood sample so a search warrant was obtained. He was eventually released pending further investigation due to his injuries and extended recovery at the hospital.
- ·10/27/2016 at 10:52 pm, an adult male was walking home in the area of Hawthorne Ave and Cataline Ave when he was confronted by two men armed with handguns. The victim was ordered to give the suspects his wallet and other property. When he was not moving fast enough, he was pistol whipped and knocked to the ground. His phone, wallet, bag, and other personal belongings were taken. Both suspects were last seen fleeing down the trail into Claudia Ct. An extensive area check was conducted with negative results.
- ·10/27/2016 at 7:09 pm, officers responded to a report of a disturbance at a home in the 4800 block of Pine View Way. According to the reporting party, 20 plus subjects were there threatening to shoot up her house. The subjects were banging on the windows and doors trying to have the occupants come out. While officers were enroute, the reporting party advised shots had been fired. Upon arrival, officers detained two carloads of subjects leaving the scene. The victim stated the argument was over a $50.00 debt owed to her former boyfriend. The ex-boyfriend was in jail and allegedly had sent friends over to collect the debt. Officers determined that no shots had actually been fired. One of the subjects detained while trying to leave, 19 year old Dantejah Gordon, had a citable warrant for her arrest. Gordon was arrested and released on a citation with a new court date.
- ·10/27/2016 at 8:59 am, officers responded to the 4100 block of Amargosa Dr for a reported house fire. Upon arrival, the residence was found to be fully engulfed with flames. The resident was contacted in front of the house and it was determined he was the only occupant of the home at the time. Arson investigators responded to the scene and advised the fire started accidentally in the family room. Code Enforcement responded to the scene and tagged the house as unsafe to occupy. The occupants of the home declined assistance from Red Cross.