Archive for the ‘Police & Crime’ Category
By Allen Payton
The latest court hearing in the Contra Costa District Attorney’s case against Contra Costa County School Board Member Jeff Belle, over a lie on his ballot his statement in 2014, was held on Monday, October 17th. However, according to Deputy D.A. Steve Moawad, “it was put over” and “the next court date is December 15th.”
At that hearing, Belle will have to either change his plea from not guilty or the judge will set a date for trial, Moawad explained.
Belle was charged with lying on his candidate’s statement in his campaign for school board in 2014, for writing that he had a college degree, when he had not yet obtained one. That fact was revealed in an interview with this reporter for an article posted on the Herald website.
If convicted, the maximum penalty for lying on a ballot statement is a fine of $1,000. Belle represents Area 5 on the county school board, which includes most of Antioch.
Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated October 14, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data Summary:
Time Period: 10/06/16 00:00:00 – 10/12/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,676
Number of Case Reports: 247
Number of Arrests: 78
Arrests with DUI charge: 4
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·10/13/2016 at 3:08 am, 42 year old Otis Wyatt was contacted in the apartment complex located at 3915 Delta Fair Blvd. He was found with a narcotics warrant out of Sacramento PD. He was taken into custody without incident and booked into county jail.
- ·10/13/2016 at 2:00 am, APD units were in the area of Sycamore Dr. and Banyan Way watching a recently parked stolen vehicle when an unrelated stolen vehicle was picked up by a license late reader camera and an alert was received by area units. The vehicle was quickly located and an enforcement stop was conducted. 21 year old Sydney Frachon was taken into custody without incident. She was later booked into county jail and the vehicle was returned to the registered owner.
- ·10/12/2016 at 9:18 pm, an officer made routine traffic enforcement stop for tailgating at W. Tregallas Rd. and Lone Tree Way. 28 year old Marcos Ruiz was contacted at the driver’s seat and it was discovered Ruiz had a warrant for his arrest for felony DUI. Ruiz was taken into custody without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/12/2016 at 5:53 pm, officers were dispatched to Oliver’s Fish House on A St. for a report of suspicious subjects walking up and down the street. Upon arrival, officers contacted 26 year old Clarence Smith in front of the business. Smith is on three separate counts of probation with a search clause. During a search of Smith’s person, officers located methamphetamine in his pocket. Smith was booked at APD and later transported to county jail.
- ·10/12/2016 at 9:07 am, 26 year old Denzel Foster came to the APD lobby to turn himself in on an outstanding warrant for assault on a peace officer. Foster was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·10/12/2016 at 9:06 am, an officer made a vehicle stop at the Arco station on Contra Loma Blvd. and contacted the driver, 23 year old Caesar Railey. Railey was found to have a warrant for Identity Theft out of Minneapolis Minnesota. The warrant was extraditable and Railey was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·10/12/2016 at 1:38 am, The Green Education Foundation has a donation box in the Macy’s parking lot. The container has surveillance cameras and APD was advised that someone was in the container. Officers arrived and found 29 year old Ashley Hammond inside the container. A representative from the foundation responded and requested that Hammond be arrested for trespassing. Hammond was arrested and issued a citation for trespassing.
- ·10/12/2016 at 1:08 am, 36 year old Andrew Burns was contacted during an enforcement stop on Davison Dr. near Harris Dr. Burns is on probation with a search clause. Burns was found in possession of a switch blade knife. Burns was arrested without incident and sent to county jail for a probation violation and being in possession of the switch blade knife.
- ·10/12/2016, an officer conducted a traffic enforcement stop for expired registration at Romi’s liquors on E. 18th St. 44 year old Succhina Collins was passenger. She was found to have a no-cite warrant in the system for petty theft. She was arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·10/11/2016 at 11:54 pm, 32 year old Eduardo Silva was contacted during an enforcement stop at A St. and W 16th St. He was determined to be driving under the influence of alcohol. Silva was arrested without incident and sent to county jail. 10/11/2016 at 4:57 pm, officers responded to the 5000 block of Heacock Way on a call that 35 year old Bryan Anderson was causing a disturbance in his house. While in route, dispatch advised that Anderson had a felony warrant in the system for assault with a deadly weapon. Anderson was contacted and arrested for the warrant. He was booked into county jail.
- ·10/11/2016 at 10:36 am, APD dispatch received a call of an audible alarm at a home in the 4800 block of Valley Way. Prior to police arriving, the resident of the home called to report a burglary. The suspects were recorded on the home’s surveillance system. One of the suspects was armed with a firearm. The victim recognized one of the suspects as 20 year old Ricky Dawson, who was a family acquaintance. A few minutes prior to the alarm call, dispatch received a call of a suspicious Mercedes Benz at Knoll Park on Country Hills Dr. in which two males were seen exiting the vehicle with black hoodies. The caller on the suspicious Mercedes provided a license plate that showed the vehicle was registered to Dawson. An area check for Dawson, which included his residence, had negative results. Later in the shift, officers received information that Dawson was at a house on Belshaw St. When officers arrived, Dawson was seen going to a detached garage where he lives. Dawson was confronted by officers and taken into custody. 21 year old Raymond Smith was also contacted in the garage. Officers found that Smith matched the description of the second suspect in the burglary. Smith is on parole for robbery and was also arrested. A loaded handgun was recovered from the garage. Both Dawson and Smith were booked into county jail for several felony charges.
- ·10/11/2016 at 5:19 am, officers were sent to an AED call for an unconscious male at a residence in the 2300 block of Shelbourne Way. It was determined the residence did not have power and the residents have been using a generator since August. Three residents suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and were sent to the hospital. A message was left with Antioch Code Enforcement and a Contra Costa County Arson Investigator remained on scene until code enforcement arrived.
- ·10/11/2016 at 3:44 am, an officer located a suspicious vehicle in the 5100 block of Canada Hills Dr. APD dispatch advised the vehicle was stolen and 28 year old Taralynn Williams was the driver. Williams was arrested and sent to county jail.
- ·10/10/2016 at 11:38 pm, 36 year old John Sanborn was contacted by an officer as he was sitting in a car at the Executive Inn located at 515 E. 18th St. Officers located 16 grams of methamphetamine and a dagger in Sanborn’s possession. Sanborn was arrested and sent to county jail.
- ·10/10/2016 at 9:21 pm, officers responded to a fire assist call at 2201 Willow Ave. The garage caught fire and it was discovered that the garage had been turned into a space to grow marijuana. PG&E responded and determined the meter had been bypassed and the resident was stealing power. An arson investigator was on scene. The resident had paperwork on hand to grow marijuana medicinally and told officers she hired an electrician she met at a hydroponics shop to wire her grow room. APD Investigations was notified. Damage to the home was minimal. This case is still under investigation. 10/10/2016 at 6:53 pm, an adult male was walking near Jack-in-the-Box located at 2505 A St. when he observed 25 year old Freddy Gonzalez in the parking lot. The male suspected his girlfriend of cheating on him with Gonzalez and decided to confront him. Gonzalez obtained a large machete from his vehicle and began attacking the male. The male sustained lacerations to his legs and hand. He was transported to the hospital where he will likely undergo surgery, but is expected to survive. Gonzalez was located in his vehicle and arrested without incident. He was identified as the responsible by an independent witness and sent to county jail for assault with a deadly weapon.
- ·10/10/2016 at 2:33 pm, an officer was in the area of D St. and W 13th St. and attempted to make a traffic stop on a vehicle for excessive speed. The vehicle accelerated at a high rate of speed failing to yield to the officer. A short pursuit ensued while dispatch was giving the registered owner information on the license plate. The vehicle was approximately two blocks ahead of the officer when it collided into a tree at the intersection of W 7th St. and D St. The driver, and solo occupant, fled on foot through yards. A perimeter was established and two canine officers conducted yard to yard searches with the canines. 19 year old Bryce Colton was located hiding between a garage and fence in the rear yard of 207 W 6th St. Colton refused commands by officers and was bit on the upper left leg by one of the police canines. Colton also had an outstanding no bail warrant for his arrest for a probation violation. Colton sustained a minor abrasion to his upper left leg as a result of the bite. He was medically cleared from hospital and transported to county jail.
- ·10/10/2016 at 7:32 am, 31 year old Aaron Esposo was contacted during a pedestrian stop at 4045 Lone Tree Way. A name check revealed he had a misdemeanor non citable warrant for his arrest for a misdemeanor charge. He was arrested without incident and transported to the county jail.
- ·10/10/2016 at 1:50 am, 30 year old Jacob Schmidt was contacted during a pedestrian stop on Contra Loma Blvd. near San Carlos Dr. and had warrants for his arrest for the charges of auto theft, possession of stolen property, and being under the influence of drugs. Schmidt was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/9/2016 at 8:42 pm, officers responded to a report of a traffic collision in a driveway in the 4400 block of Elk Dr. Upon arrival, it was determined that no collision occurred, but 22 year old Patrick Herrick was driving a vehicle while under the influence. Herrick was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/9/2016 at 3:30 pm, a citizen called APD reporting a Jaguar with paper plates was on fire at Blue Rock Dr. and Boulder Dr. The citizen provided a good description of the male and female that exited and ran from the vehicle. Officers arrived quickly and a VIN check revealed the car was listed as stolen out of San Mateo County. During an area check, an officer located two subjects matching the description walking on Eagleridge Dr near Eagleridge Park. As the officer approached, the male, 34 year old Joshua Tanasescu, took off on foot through the park and the female, 24 year old Jamie Hampton, was detained. A perimeter was established and a canine officer conducted a track. The police canine located Tanasescu hiding in the backseat of an unsecure Ford Mustang in the neighborhood. Tanasescu surrendered to officers once he realized he was found by the canine. Tanasescu was identified as the driver and Hampton was identified as the passenger. As it turns out, the stolen vehicle sustained engine troubles which caused a large amount of smoke and was not intentionally set on fire. Tanasescu was found to have an outstanding felony warrant for auto theft. He was transported to county jail on the warrant and for the new charges of auto theft, possession of stolen property, and resisting arrest. Hampton was released pending further investigation from the scene.
- ·10/9/2016 at 3:28 pm, an officer observed 49 year old Isidro Revuelta walking in the area of L St. and Loma Ln. and knew Revuelta had two warrants for his arrest. One for DUI and the other for driving on a suspended license. Revuelta was arrested and issued a new court date.
- ·10/9/2016 at 2:52 pm, loss prevention for Kmart observed 51 year old Dilistia Graffenread conceal various fishing accessories and exit the store without paying for them. Graffenread was detained and brought back to the loss prevention office. Graffenread was placed under citizen’s arrest for shoplifting and later released with a citation.
- ·10/8/2016 at 10:02 pm, 27 year old Brentyn Vincent was contacted during a traffic enforcement stop in the area of Cavallo Rd. and E. Tregallas Rd. and found to have warrants for his arrest for auto theft and drug charges. He was arrested without incident and he was sent to county jail.
- ·10/8/2016 at 6:11 pm, officers were at 901 Mullberry Way investigating a suspicious person at the residence. While at the home, officers contacted 18 year old Angelina Jaimes and discovered she had a felony warrant for her arrest on several theft related charges. Jaimes was taken into custody without incident and transported to county jail.
- ·10/8/2016 at 11:31 am, officers were dispatched to a report of a male sleeping in the shopping center at 18th St. and ‘A’ St. Upon arrival, they located 39 year old Richard Kearnes sleeping in front of Bella Nails. A records check showed Kearnes had a non citable warrant for his arrest on the charges of indecent exposure and public intoxication. Kearnes was taken into custody without incident and later sent to county jail.
- ·10/8/2016 at 10:18 am, officers were dispatched to the old AAA located on Verne Roberts Cir. on a report of an alarm. Upon arrival, they located 44 year old Nicole Costa who had an encampment set up to the rear of the business. A records check showed Costa had an outstanding warrant out of Tuolumne County for narcotics related charges. Costa was issued a new court date and was released from the scene.
- ·10/8/2016 at 5:00 am, 37 year old Kentrell Hall was involved in a vehicle collision in the area of Canada Valley Rd. and McFarland Ranch Rd. Hall was found to be DUI and was transported by ambulance to the hospital for non life threatening injuries. Hall was released from the hospital pending further investigation.
- ·10/7/2016 at 11:41 pm, an officer made an enforcement stop in the area of Davison Dr. and Lone Tree Way and found the driver of the vehicle, 24 year old Eddy Castaneda, was DUI. The driver was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/7/2016 at 11:12 pm, an officer made a vehicle enforcement stop and contacted 38 year old William James in the parking lot of 7-11 located at 4355 Hillcrest Ave. James displayed objective symptoms of being under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. After doing several field sobriety tests, the officer arrested James for DUI. James agreed to a breath test showed to be over the legal limit. James was then transported to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·10/7/2016 at 9:52 pm, an officer located 45 year old David Bledsoe riding his bicycle on A St. and knew he was a parolee at large. The officer contacted Bledsoe and arrested him without incident. Bledsoe was transported to county jail.
- ·10/7/2016 at 11:17 am, 35 year old Melvin Russell is transient and was found sleeping in the garbage can area of the Somerset Apartments located at 3185 Contra Loma Blvd. A staff member asked Russell to leave the property and he started yelling and became irate. Russell was contacted and arrested for trespassing. Russell was issued a citation and released on his signed promise to appear.
- ·10/7/2016 at 7:06 am, an employee of the Community Integrated Works Program located at 1105 Buchanan Rd. called APD dispatch and reported that an unknown person popped all of the tires on four vans belonging to the program. There was video of the incident but unfortunately the video did not capture the face of the suspect. No other suspect information could be provided and it is unknown at this time why someone would have damaged the vehicles.
- ·10/7/2016 at 4:26 am, 19 year old Ethan McCoy was contacted at the Economy Inn on E. 18th St. McCoy was found to be in possession of 12 “dime bags” of methamphetamine, a scale, and cash. He was arrested and sent to county jail.
- ·10/6/2016 at 10:17 pm, an officer saw a vehicle driving in the area of E. 18th St. and Cavallo Rd. and ran its license plate. The car was listed as stolen. The driver, 33 year old Joseph Esquer, pulled into the Little Caesar parking lot and was arrested without incident and sent to county jail for auto theft.
- ·10/6/2016 at 7:31 pm, officers were dispatched to a brush fire at Costco. Upon arrival, witnesses advised they observed 45 year old Thomas Grant intentionally set the shrubs on fire and flee on foot. During an area check, Grant was located and he was positively identified as the responsible by witnesses. A Contra Costa County Fire Investigator responded to the scene and determined the fire to be arson. Grant was arrested without incident and transported to county jail.
- ·10/6/2016 at 2:07 pm, officers were notified by a parole agent that 31 year old Dupree Straughter was out of compliance per his sexual assault registration requirements for failing to register since his release from prison. Officers located Straughter on Mahogany Way near Dogwood Way. During a search of Straughter’s person, officers located suspected methamphetamine and a glass pipe. Straughter was booked at APD and later sent to county jail on charges of violating his registration requirements and narcotics charges.
- ·10/6/2016 at 1:30 pm, an employee of Sunseri Construction Company was using a nuclear density gauge at a construction site on Tabora Dr. The employee sat the device on the ground and an excavator ran it over causing the radioactive material inside of the device to become exposed. Contra Costa County Fire, County Hazmat, Code Enforcement, Parking Enforcement, APD VIPS and several APD officers assisted in securing the area. James Donlon Blvd. and Contra Loma Blvd. were closed down. The east half of the apartments at 1111 James Donlon Blvd. were evacuated. The incident took about 5 1/2 hours to resolve and ultimately it was determined that there was no health hazard.
Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in Assistant City Manager Ron Bernal’s Weekly Report dated October 7, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data Summary:
Time Period: 09/29/16 00:00:00 – 10/05/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,612
Number of Case Reports: 244
Number of Arrests: 73
Arrests with DUI charge: 3
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·10/6/2016 at 12:50 am, officers responded to the intersection of Hillcrest Ave. and Hidden Glen Dr. on a report of a solo vehicle collision into a tree. When officers arrived and contacted the driver, 22 year old Madison Riviera. They found she was not injured, but was determined to be under the influence of alcohol. Riviera was arrested and booked into county jail for DUI.
- ·10/6/2016 at 12:18 am, APD dispatch received several calls from residents in the 1100 block of Putnam St. of an unknown female with two dogs ringing door bells and screaming for help. When officers arrived, they located 52 year old Kari Foster behind the Lucky’s store on Contra Loma Blvd. Foster displayed signs and symptoms of extreme intoxication and was subsequently arrested for public intoxication. She was booked into county jail for a sobering period.
- ·10/5/2016 at 9:34 pm, officers were providing extra patrol at Heidorn Park located at 5120 Deerspring Way when they contacted 36 year old Ansu Bailey inside the park. Bailey showed to be on active parole for burglary. Officers searched Bailey’s person, per his terms of parole, and located approximately 6 grams of methamphetamine and a glass pipe. The Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation declined to violate Bailey’s parole so he was released from the scene with a citation.
- ·10/5/2016 at 8:36 pm, a woman, who is transient and lives along the railroad tracks behind 500 Gary Ave. heard two other transients in a verbal argument nearby. During the argument, one of the transients lit a shopping cart on fire which spread to a nearby fence and business. Contra Costa Fire arrived and extinguished the fire before any further damage to the nearby property. The suspect(s) are unknown at this time. A Contra Costa Fire Investigator arrived on scene and assisted with the investigation.
- ·10/5/2016 at 6:19 pm, officers were dispatched to the 4900 block of Hill Ridge Way on a report of a domestic dispute. Upon arrival, officers contacted 48 year old Demetric Germany in the front driveway who was locked out of the house due to his level of intoxication. The officers had Germany blow into a preliminary alcohol screening device, which showed his blood alcohol content was extremely high. Germany was arrested and transported to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·10/4/2016 at 11:57 pm, officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by 29 year old Michael Welch. 23 year old Amber Hagmann was in the passenger seat. Welch was arrested on an outstanding felony warrant and sent to county jail. Hagmann was uncooperative, verbally abusive, and refused to obey commands. At one point, Hagmann slipped a handcuff and began kicking an officer. Hagmann was placed into a restraint device and she began claiming a medical issue. She was transported to the hospital, medically cleared, and then taken to county jail also.
- ·10/4/2016 at 6:55 pm, a resident in the 1600 block of Viera Ave. called to report that a female was underneath the dash of a parked car and appeared to be trying to hot wire the vehicle. Officers arrived and contacted 38 year old Klara Shelton. A computer check revealed Shelton had a no bail warrant for her arrest for DUI. Shelton was arrested and later booked into county jail. The vehicle Shelton was in was registered to her husband. The vehicle was towed from the scene.
- ·10/4/2016 at 4:59 pm, an officer attempted to stop 22 year old Felipe Moreno for jaywalking in the area of G St. and W 12th St. As the officer gave orders for the subject to stop, Moreno continued walking away at a fast pace and did not comply with the officer’s commands. The officer caught up to Moreno and he still would not comply. The officer took him into custody without further incident. After a search incident to arrest, the officer located heroin in a pill bottle on Moreno’s person. Moreno was booked at the APD jail and later released on a citation.
- ·10/4/2016 at 5:02 am, dispatch received a call of two suspicious subjects in the area of Lindley Ct. Upon officers’ arrival, 38 year old Jacque Watts fled on foot and was apprehended. Watts was found to be a parolee at large and was arrested on an outstanding warrant. Watts was transported to county jail.
- ·10/3/2016 at 11:39 pm, 41 year old Jason DiMatteo was contacted during a traffic enforcement stop at Newberry St. and G St. DiMatteo was on sear chable probation and during a probation search, officers located methamphetamine and a loaded handgun in DiMatteo’s vehicle. He was arrested without incident and transported to county jail.
- ·10/3/2016 at 11:16 pm, 31 year old Jeffery Alstrand was contacted during a pedestrian stop in the area of W. Tregallas Rd. and G St. Alstrand had warrants for his arrest for several narcotics violations. He was arrested and cite released at the scene with a new court date.
- ·10/3/2016 at 7:17 pm, officers responded to Launderland at 1657 A St. for a report of a fight with one subject being hit with a golf club. Officers arrived and contacted a 39 year old victim who advised he was waiting for his girlfriend outside when an adult male known only as “Bumpy” approached him and started an argument. During the argument, “Bumpy” grabbed a golf club and struck the victim twice on the left arm. The victim was later transported to the hospital, treated and released. The identity of “Bumpy” is not yet known and the investigation is ongoing.
- ·10/3/2016 at 10:37 am, an officer was at the 2200 block of Manzanita Way for a parking complaint when he learned 32 year old Christopher Martin was inside a nearby residence. The officer knew Martin had a warrant for his arrest. Martin was contacted and arrested without incident. He was booked into county jail.
- ·10/3/2016 at 9:17 am, the driver of a Mazda was south on Somersville Rd. and made a westbound turn on Buchanan Rd. when he lost control of his vehicle. The Mazda collided with a city light pole causing damage to the pole and major damage to the Mazda. The driver suffered minor injuries due to the airbag deployment and was transported to a local hospital and his vehicle was towed. Public Works was called to the scene to assess the damage to the light pole.
- ·10/2/2016 at 9:40 pm, American Medical Response called APD dispatch and said they were with a patient in the 2800 block of Carob St. who is possibly under the influence and/or had mental issues. The officers determined Orozco was under the influence of a controlled substance. Orozco was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·10/2/2016 at 4:58 pm, 18 year old Marco Mendez was involved in a vehicle collision at the intersection of Mokelumne Dr. and Mark Twain Dr. Mendez failed to exchange information and fled the scene. A witness followed Mendez and informed dispatch with updated locations. Mendez was located driving on James Donlon Blvd. from Lone Tree Way. A traffic stop was conducted and Mendez was found to be under the influence of a controlled substance. Mendez was positively identified as the person involved in the collision and fleeing the scene. Mendez was arrested for DUI and hit and run and booked into county jail.
- ·10/2/2016 at 4:00 pm, an officer noticed a black Honda CRV in the area of C St. and 19th St. with no license plates. He was able to make a traffic stop on the CRV and after running the VIN, the vehicle was found to be stolen. The driver and only occupant, 30 year old Marcolino Ortega was arrested without incident and later booked in county jail. The vehicle was released to the registered owner.
- ·10/2/2016 at 10:25 am, officers were dispatched to Joe’s Liquor on D St. over two females in a verbal regarding one of the parties using the other’s stolen credit card. Officers arrived and were able to determine that one of the women had her stolen credit card used at Joe’s Liquor three times since yesterday. An officer spoke with the other woman, 31 year old Jowanna Christopher, who admitted to using the card and gave consent to search her apartment for the card. The stolen card was located in the apartment. Christopher was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·10/2/2016 at 9:28 am, Fallas security guard called APD to report that 39 year old Steven Davenport was in the store again and he is listed in their trespass log. Officers contacted Davenport inside the store and arrested him without incident. He was transported to APD where he was released on a citation.
- ·10/2/2016 at 3:10 am, officers responded to a hit and run collision where a vehicle struck a city owned street sign on Deer Valley Rd. near Carpinteria Dr. The vehicle was left at the scene and the driver, 26 year old Eunique Nivins, fled on foot. Nivins was contacted at her place of employment, Safeway, and she provided a statement. Nivins was not injured.
- ·10/1/2016 at 11:00 pm, while officers were assisting Contra Costa Fire and PG&E with a major power outage in the area of Burger King on Mahogany Way, dispatch advised a subject was reported passed out in a vehicle in the Burger King parking lot. Officers arrived and located 21 year old Hugo Arellano who was intoxicated. He was arrested for public intoxication and sent to county jail.
- ·10/1/2016 at 8:52 pm, officers were dispatched to a home in the 4800 block of Woodbridge Way on a party complaint. The resident advised they would turn down the music and asked the officers to remove 35 year old Jarred Sherer from the residence as he was not invited to the party and was refused to leave. Sherer was intoxicated and refused to leave so he was arrested for trespassing. Sherer was transported to county jail.
- ·10/1/2016 at 8:50 pm, a 49 year old male who lives in his van was in the area of the 900 block of W 10th St. behind the La Brumas restaurant. A friend who had been visiting the victim was walking back to their own car when they observed an unknown adult female light a mattress on fire next to the van. The van caught fire and was completely destroyed. There was no damage to any other property. Contra Costa County Fire Investigators were called to the scene. This case is still under investigation.
- ·10/1/2016 at 4:26 pm, officers responded to the 2500 block of Sycamore Dr. on a report of an unwanted guest. Officers arrived and contacted 27 year old Cornellous Timmons. Timmons was acting irrational, aggressive and had signs and symptoms of being under the influence of a controlled substance. Timmons still refused to leave. As he was being taken into custody he resisted arrest and was eventually placed in a restraint device. Timmons was booked into county jail.
- ·10/1/2016 at 7:49 am, officers were dispatched to 517 W 2nd St. for transients inside a vacant building. Officers contacted 36 year old Gregory Eutsey inside who was found to have two outstanding drug related warrants. He was arrested and booked in county jail.
- ·10/1/2016 at 5:03 am, officers responded to the report of a light pole down across the roadway in the area of Deer Valley Rd. and Rocky Point Dr. Officers located the downed pole with no vehicles around it. It appeared an unknown vehicle was northbound on Deer Valley Rd. and crossed over the median. The vehicle struck a fixed light pole and several shrubs. There were no witnesses and the suspect vehicle could not be located. PG&E and Public Works responded for the third time tonight to remove a downed light pole.
- ·10/1/2016 at 2:20 am, officers responded to a reported vehicle collision at Lone Tree Way near Putnam St. The driver veered into the center median and struck a light pole while traveling northbound on Lone Tree Way. Witnesses stated the driver fled in another vehicle prior to officers arriving. PG&E and Public Works personnel arrived to remove the downed pole. An officer was sent to the registered owner’s address who contacted 27 year old Jose Diaz. Diaz admitted to driving his truck and being involved in the collision. He stated he fled because he was intoxicated. He was taken into custody and transported to the hospital. He consented to a blood draw. While at the hospital, Diaz complained of head and neck pain. Due to his injuries, he was released pending further investigation.
- ·9/30/2016 at 5:29 pm, officers were dispatched to the 2300 block of Crystal Ct. on a report of a vehicle collision into a residence. Upon arrival, officers located a GMC pickup inside the residence. The truck went through the front of the house and came to rest inside the family room and kitchen area. The occupants of the home were all upstairs when the collision occurred and nobody was injured. Due to the extensive damage on the interior of the house, the occupants had to be rescued by Contra Costa Fire from a second story bedroom window. 54 year old Jerry Butler was contacted on scene and admitted to driving the vehicle. Butler was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence of controlled substances. Contra Costa Fire contacted the Red Cross who responded to the scene to assist the family. We were unable to make contact with code enforcement after hours. The residence was boarded up by Contra Costa Fire and the family was advised not to enter the home until the residence could be inspected by the City. Butler was booked at APD and was later released pending further investigation.
- ·9/30/2016 at 4:06 pm, a 22 year old male victim was asked to go to Knoll Park on Country Hills Dr. by an unknown friend to sell some jerseys. Upon arrival, two unknown males armed with firearms walked up on his vehicle. The suspects told the victim to give them all his stuff and ordered the victim out of the car at gun point. The victim fled on foot and the suspects left the area in the victim’s vehicle. An area check for the car met with negative results. The vehicle was entered into the stolen vehicle system. The victim was somewhat uncooperative with the investigation and refused to provide additional information as to who his friend was that set up the meet.
- ·9/30/2016 at 3:55 pm, officers were dispatched to Romi’s Liquors on E. 18th St. near Cavallo Rd. for a male who was not welcome on the property. 32 year old Giovan Espinoza was contacted and found to have a warrant for his arrest for felony threats. Espinoza was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/30/2016 at 3:04 pm, officers were dispatched to Big Lots on Somersville Rd. for a welfare check of a male sleeping in a vehicle. 56 year old Kevin Hollins was contacted in the vehicle and was found to have two warrants for his arrest for alcohol and drug offenses. Hollins was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/30/16 at 8:59 am, a 51 year old male went to the hospital emergency room with a knife wound to his left arm and reported he was robbed. Officers contacted the victim in the ER who stated he was walking to his car on Lemontree Way when a male who came out of 2400 Lemontree Court and robbed him of his cellular phone at knife point. During the robbery the victim was stabbed in the arm. An address check revealed 29 year old Joshua Smith lived at the Lemontree Ct. apartment. Smith showed to have a warrant out of Sacramento County. Smith was positively identified by the victim as the person who robbed and stabbed him. The Lemontree Ct. apartment was searched and Smith was not inside. Probable Cause was placed on the briefing board for Smith.
- ·9/30/2016 at 2:15 am, officers responded for a security check at the perimeter fences to the power plants on Wilbur Ave. Security had seen a subject park his vehicle along the perimeter fence and then exit and begin taking photos of the power plant and perimeter gates. A 23 year old male was contacted who declined any comments on what he was doing. He consented to a search of his camera, which confirmed he was photographing the power plant. He refused to allow officers to search any further and was found to be clear of any wants or warrants. Securitypersonnel provided no other information. NCRIC bulletin created and duty officer notified.
- ·9/30/2016 at 2:04 am, officers responded to the area of 2200 Peppertree Way for the report of shots fired. Upon arrival, they found a black Dodge truck shot up in the back alley. The truck was a rental vehicle and the current renter was on scene and was less than cooperative. He stated he was only visiting and did not see anything. No one was injured.
- ·9/30/16 at 1:46 am, officers responded to a reported vehicle fire on Grangnelli Ave. near Marie Ave. The vehicle was unoccupied and fully engulfed. Contra Costa Fire quickly put the fire out. The registered owner could not be located for contact. The vehicle was towed and stored.
- ·9/29/2016 at 9:52 pm, 55 year old Larry Levi was contacted during a pedestrian stop on Mahogany Way near Banyan Way. He was found to have a glass pipe and methamphetamine. He was also on probation for narcotics. Levi was arrested and booked into county jail without incident.
- ·9/29/2016 at 7:08 pm, an APD canine officer assisted Sheriff’s detectives with a warrant service at the Executive Inn on E. 18th St. Detectives advised they observed 30 year old Joseph Lowery inside room 116. Lowery was wanted on an arrest warrant for the charges of drug sales and for being armed. Upon making contact, Lowery initially refused to come to the door. After making several knocks and announcements at the door, the APD canine started to bark. Lowery changed his mind, opened the door and surrendered without incident. Sheriff’s detectives took custody of Lowery and searched his room. They located more suspected heroin in the room.
- ·9/29/2016 a 9:54 am, 23 year old Monet Leeks was contacted during a pedestrian stop on W 19th at C St. She was found to have a warrant for her arrest for petty theft. She was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/29/2016 at 6:51 am, 35 year old John Bassett was contacted at the Economy Inn on E. 18th St. and found to have a parole warrant for his arrest. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
By Sergeant Dee, Antioch Police Field Services Bureau
On Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 7:21 PM, the Antioch Police Department began receiving calls of a pickup truck into a residence at 2915 Lone Tree Way. Upon arrival, officers discovered the driver of the truck was traveling north on Lone Tree Way when he struck two parked cars before leaving the roadway and colliding with a residence through the garage.
The driver of the truck was found still sitting in the driver’s seat uninjured.
There was only one occupant home at the time of the incident. The victim was struck by debris from the collision and taken to an area hospital for minor injuries. Due to a gas main break, officers evacuated area residents to a safe distance until the gas could be shut off.
The driver was eventually arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
This preliminary information is made available by the Field Services Bureau. There will be no further information released at this time.
By Allen Payton
Antioch Police confirmed, today that Naomi Lomax the 15-year-old Antioch teen who went missing Saturday morning, September 17, is home safe.
“I can confirm she has been located safely,” said Corporal Gary Lowther of the Antioch Police Department.
When asked for more details, he responded, “that’s all I can say at this time.”
Lomax was found in San Diego by her mother, with the help of social media.
“It was a human trafficking situation, not a runaway,” said her mother Elizabeth Chavez. “She needs healing time. So, that’s all we’re ready to say, right now.”
Check back in a few days for more details.
Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated September 30, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data Summary:
Time Period: 09/22/2016 00:00:00 – 09/28/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,728
Number of Case Reports: 303
Number of Arrests: 84
Arrests with DUI charge: 1
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·9/28/2016 at 9:28 pm, two female residents arrived home in the 3100 block of Ashley Way and pulled into their driveway. As the driver exited the car, she was approached by two males wearing hoodies with the drawstrings cinched tight covering their faces. The two males were armed with firearms and demanded the victim’s purses. The victim gave the responsibles her purse and they fled the scene in a white sedan. The entire incident was caught on video, which was collected and logged into evidence. Area check for the responsibles met with negative results. Pittsburg PD also had an armed robbery with similar descriptions of the suspects.
- ·9/28/2016 at 10:54 am, an APD detective obtained a Ramey warrant for 37 year old Kevin Pardue for being an accessory to the Green Hills Cir. shooting that occurred on 8/31/2016. Pardue was contacted on W 8th St. and taken into custody. Pardue was booked into county jail.
- ·9/28/2016 at 12:23 am, the victim was getting ready for work downtown and pulled his pressure washer out of his garage and put it in the driveway. The victim went back into the garage to get more tools when 41 year old Phillip Morell pulled into the victim’s driveway. The victim did not know Morell so he asked what he wanted. Morell backed into the street and then accelerated toward the victim, driving over a curb and into the driveway in an attempt to hit the victim. The victim jumped out of the way and Morell hit the neighbor’s car. Morell backed up and accelerated toward the victim again, but the victim was able to flee unharmed. While officers were on scene taking the report, Morell drove by and then fled when he saw the officers. Officers conducted a traffic stop on Morell at W 9th St. and L St. Morell fled on foot from the stop, but was apprehended at W 10th St. and L St. Morell was arrested and sent to county jail for assault with a deadly weapon.
- ·9/27/2016 at 11:37 am, the suspect entered the Arco station at 2610 Contra Loma Blvd. and tried to cover this face while another customer walked out. While the register was still open, the suspect reached over the counter and grabbed cash. As he was trying to get more cash, the clerk, tried to fight off the suspect. The clerk was struck several times in the face. The suspect eventually fled the business with the cash. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the suspect.
- ·9/27/2016 at 10:13 am, an officer contacted 31 year old Phillip Katusich in the area of Delta Fair Blvd. and Kendree St. and he was found to have a warrant for his arrest for narcotics. He was arrested and issued a new court date.
- ·9/27/2016 at 7:36 am, officers were dispatched to East Hills Vet located at 2325 Buchanan Rd. on report of people having sex in a vehicle. The officer determined this information to be false but discovered the occupant of the car, 46 year old Michael Fortner, had four warrants for his arrest for traffic and narcotics violations. He was arrested without incident and booked in county jail.
- ·9/27/2016 at 1:15 am, 21 year old Calvin Raines was intoxicated and causing a disturbance at his residence on Matterhorn Ct. Officers arrived on scene and saw Rains walking down the street and falling down. Rains was arrested for public intoxication and taken to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·9/26/2016 at 9:45 pm, officers in the Sycamore Dr. area reported hearing gun shots. A short time later, several calls to APD dispatch reported that shots were fired in front of a home in the 2200 block of Dogwood Way and that a subject was shot. Officers arrived and located a 26 year old male victim who had a gunshot wound to his leg. The gunshot victim was uncooperative with officers and was taken to the hospital. While working the scene, the hospital called advising another gunshot victim arrived in the emergency room and was dropped off by a male in a silver vehicle. The second victim also had a gunshot wound to his leg. He was interviewed and advised he was dropped off at the hospital by a subject who is known to officers. A short time later, officers located the driver in his silver vehicle in the area of the Sycamore QuickStop market with 22 year old Lawrence Harmon in the passenger seat. The driver of the silver vehicle was found to have been shot in the elbow. No one claimed to know who the shooter was. A computer check revealed Harmon had an outstanding warrant for robbery and was arrested and booked into county jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- ·9/26/2016 at 4:41 pm, 38 year old Lee Rivers entered the Grocery Outlet at 1818 A St. and concealed several food items. He exited the store without making any attempt to pay for the items. As he was confronted by store employees, Rivers ran away and was ultimately caught by a mall security officer. Rivers is on parole and was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/26/2016 at 1:07 pm, officers were dispatched to an address in the 2300 block of Sequoia Dr. regarding a suspicious circumstance call. The caller advised that 18 year old Monica Hall was at the location and had a warrant. Officers located Hall and arrested her on a probation warrant and sent to county jail.
- ·9/26/2016 at 11:58 am, an officer was in the area of the Bonfare Market on W 10th St. following up on an earlier robbery investigation when he saw 46 year old Timothy Crabtree. The officer knew Crabtree had a warrant for his arrest for a misdemeanor drug offense and took him into custody. Crabtree was cited and released with a new court date.
- ·9/26/2016 at 7:51 am, an officer conducted a suspicious vehicle stop to the rear of Staples on Lone Tree Way and contacted 31 year old Robert Lovins. During a search, Lovins was found to be in possession of 15 Xanax pills without a prescription. He was cited and released.
- ·9/25/2016 at 11:30 pm, a repossession agent repossessed a car on Acacia Ave. and drove it to the Travis Credit Union at 2721 Lone Tree Way to fully hook up and finish the paperwork. The repo agent was sitting in his tow truck with the window down and his arm out the window. 28 year old Jacquet Holloway, who owns the repossessed car, poked the repo agent in the arm with an ice pick and told him to unhook the car. The repo agent was in fear of his life and complied. Holloway was located driving a different car and arrested without incident for felony assault. He was booked into county jail. The victim was not seriously injured during the incident.
- ·9/25/2016 at 11:12 pm, an officer was conducting an area check for a robbery suspect in the area of 340 W. 2nd St. when he contacted 20 year old Jacob Sahagon behind the old Antioch Lumber building. Sahagon was determined to not be involved with the robbery, but had a felony warrant for his arrest from Manteca Police Department. He was arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·9/25/2016 at 2:44 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Lone Tree Liquors at 2748 W. Tregallas Rd. regarding several subjects attacking an adult male. Officers arrived to find the victim had an obvious broken arm and complaints of pain in numerous parts of his body. He began his statement to officers by saying he did not want to make a report and will refuse all services. Eventually, officers learned the victim was possibly struck with an axe handle (no axe head), which broke his arm. Officers also learned this was possibly due to the transient male victim stealing property from an unknown male, age 30-40 years. The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment and refused to sign medical paperwork. Video from nearby businesses did not capture the incident. Nothing further at this time.
- ·9/25/2016 at 2:11 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Dallas Ranch Rd and Mt. Hamilton Dr. for a suspicious device. We arrived and located a pressure cooker on the sidewalk. It was sitting on top of a piece of cardboard. In light of recent events, the Walnut Creek Bomb Unit was contacted and they responded. Ultimately, the pressure cooker was not an explosive device. The bomb unit advised there have been other incidents in the bay area since the incident that took place in New York.
- ·9/25/2016 at 12:12 pm, a neighbor of 67 year old Steven Kinder on Helmuth Lane got into an argument with Kinder which resulted in Kinder coming after his neighbor with a golf club. Kinder swung the club at the neighbor, nearly hitting him in the head. Kinder was located in the area and arrested without incident. He was booked in county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 10:20 pm, officers were dispatched to Lucky’s on Contra Loma Blvd. on a report of an unwanted guest refusing to leave. Upon arrival, officers made contact with 28 year old Brandon Harris in front of the store. Harris displayed objective symptoms of being under the influence of alcohol. Harris was arrested for public intoxication and transported to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·9/24/2016 at 9:16 pm, officers were dispatched to Pete’s Restaurant and Brew house on a report of subjects living out of a pickup in the parking lot. Upon arrival, officers contacted 54 year old Ray Binetti and discovered he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for a misdemeanor narcotics charge. Binetti was arrested and transported to county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 4:15 am, officers responded to an alarm call at the Lynn House at 809 First St. Upon arrival, they found the garage was open and the latch had been damaged. Officers looked on the roof of the garage and located 37 year old Terrance Adams sleeping. He was ordered down and arrested for trespassing. Adams was also found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was later taken to county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 1:04 am, officers were dispatched to a large party with approximately 100 plus attendees in the 1800 block of Santa Fe Ave. A fight broke out and the party-goers began leaving on their own once officers arrived. Several hours later, we were called back to the party for the report of an assault and robbery which had occurred. We arrived and spoke with the victims who stated they were beaten and robbed by two unknown males. Afterwards, the males got into a white Honda and drove away. The victims followed the males and were able to get a license plate. We located the white Honda occupied only by a male driver, 19 year old Desmond Tanuvasa, who denied involvement. He was the sole occupant but officers noticed blood on his pants. The victims were taken to the scene and identified Tanuvasa as the driver but not involved in the actual assault. One of the victim’s wallets was located in the car. Tanuvasa arrested and taken to county jail for the charges of robbery and possession of stolen property. Tanuvasa refused to provide the names of the other males at the time of his arrest. The victims were taken to the hospital for injuries sustained from the assault.
- ·9/23/2016 at 5:56 pm, officers were dispatched to a report of an armed robbery at K-mart located at 3625 E 18th St. Upon arrival, they spoke with a security guard for K-mart. He explained that a male subject entered the store and stole Legos and fishing equipment. The male fled the store with security right behind him. A vehicle pulled between the guard and the suspect and a male driver pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the guard. The male stated he needed to feed his kids and the suspects fled in a maroon vehicle. The security guard stated he was not in fear and only stopped due to store policy. An extensive area check was conducted but the suspects were not located.
- ·9/23/2016 at 5:46 pm, a vehicle was west bound on James Donlon Blvd. and turned south onto Silverado Dr. A 32 year old male was traveling at high rate of speed on his skateboard crossing Silverado Dr. heading eastbound. He was unable to slow down and went into the path of the vehicle and was struck. The skateboarder suffered minor abrasions to his face and hands. He was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures only. Both parties were cooperative with the investigation.
- ·9/23/2016 at 10:33 pm, 19 year old Luis Lopez was traveling west bound on W.19th St. at a high rate of speed and was unable to stop at the dead end of W. 19th St. Lopez drove over the curb and up the embankment which caused his vehicle to go airborne. Lopez’s vehicle came to rest along the city owned chain linked fence on the west side of G St. Lopez fled the scene prior to police arrival. Officers responded to Lopez’s residence and contacted Lopez as he arrived home on foot. Lopez had facial injuries consistent to the accident. Lopez admitted to driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. Lopez was also found to have a no bail warrant for his arrest. Once Lopez was medically cleared at the hospital and was arrested on the warrant and for DUI. Lopez was later transported to county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 6:20 pm, 24 year old Phavia Mapp was apprehended by loss prevention at Macy’s in Somersville Towne Centre after being seen on surveillance video stealing approximately $3,000.00 worth of merchandise from the store. Mapp admitted under Miranda to stealing the merchandise. The stolen merchandise was collected and returned to the store. Mapp was found to be on felony probation out of Alameda County for auto theft. Mapp was booked on the listed charges and transported to county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 1:14 pm, an officer contacted 46 year old Donald Miller during a pedestrian stop. Miller was found to have a no cite warrant for possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 8:10 am, a security guard called APD dispatch to report that a male was masturbating near the courtyard area of the old Orchard Supply Hardware on Buchanan Rd. Officers arrived on scene and contacted 28 year old Lawrence Cuff inside of the old Orchard Supply Hardware. The security guard positively identified Cuff and also stated that Cuff has been warned numerous times not to trespass on the property. A records check showed Cuff to be on felony probation. Cuff was arrested and booked into county jail for indecent exposure, trespassing, and a probation violation.
- ·9/22/2016 at 11:04 am, an employee from Antioch Glass located at 1207 Auto Center Dr. called APD dispatch to report two males were inside of the business asking to use a power plug so they could charge their phones. The employee became uncomfortable so she called the police. 32 year old Kevin Christian and 37 year old Robert Bell were contacted. Christian was found to be on parole and officers located 2 grams of methamphetamine in his possession during a search of his person. Christian’s parole officer was contacted and a parole detainer was issued. Christian was arrested and transported to county jail. Bell was released after being identified.