Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated September 23, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Time Period: 09/15/16 00:00:00 – 09/21/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,638
Number of Case Reports: 301
Number of Arrests: 74
Arrests with DUI charge: 2
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·9/22/2016 at 4:48 am, a witness called after seeing 67 year old Steven Kinder start a small fire behind the Dutch Pride Dairy located at 507 E. 18th St. near the dumpster. Officers responded and detained Kinder while Contra Costa County Fire extinguished the fire. Kinder stated he was just trying to keep warm. Damage was minimal and limited to an exterior wall. An owner of Dutch Pride Dairy responded and was undecided on prosecuting Kinder. Kinder was released at the scene pending further investigation.
- ·9/21/2016 at 6:59 pm, an officer was on routine patrol in the area of Country Hills Dr. and Appaloosa Way when he observed 20 year old Trent Sereal walking in the area. The officer made a consensual stop on Sereal and discovered he had two outstanding warrants for his arrest on theft related charges. Sereal was taken into custody without incident and was later transported to county jail.
- ·9/21/2016 at 11:24 am, an officer contacted 25 year old Bronson Boyle during a pedestrian stop on Lone Tree Way near Davison Dr. Boyle was found to have a warrant for being under the influence of a controlled substance. Boyle was arrested and transported to county jail.
- ·9/21/2016 at 3:20 am, 39 year old Brandon Hill was contacted during a pedestrian stop in the area of Railroad Ave. and Walter Way. A name check revealed he had an outstanding non-citable arrest warrant for theft related charges held by Antioch PD. He was arrested without incident and booked at county jail.
- ·9/20/2016 at 10:02 pm, 25 year old Desi Davis was contacted in the area of Renwick Ln. and Hillcrest Ave. during a traffic stop. A name check revealed she had an outstanding felony bench warrant for robbery out of Hollywood. She was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·9/20/2016 at 2:46 pm, dispatch received several 9-1-1 calls advising of a shooting having just occurred in the 1100 block of D St. While en route, a caller from Fremont Elementary School advised they were going on lock down as they heard the shots as well. Officers arrived and contacted several people at 1104 “D” St, most of which were uncooperative. It was determined that the shooting occurred in the driveway at this location. One parked car was struck by gunfire. There are no known injuries.
- ·9/20/2016 at 2:43 pm, officers responded to the 2200 block of Buchanan Rd. on a report of a subject trespassing. Officers arrived and contacted 67 year old James Wedding. A computer check revealed Wedding had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for narcotics charges. Wedding was arrested and released from the scene on a signed promise to appear.
- ·9/20/2016 at 1:30 pm, officers responded to the McDonalds on Mahogany Way on a report of a man lying on the ground screaming. Officers arrived and contacted 29 year old Emmanuel Easter. While speaking to Easter, officers noticed a glass methamphetamine pipe sticking out of his pants pocket. Officers asked Easter to stand up and in doing so a bullet fell from his pants pocket. A search of his person was conducted and no other contraband was located. A computer check revealed Easter is a convicted felon with prior firearms convictions. Easter was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/20/2016 at 12:53 pm, 51 year old Jorge Feliciano came to the front lobby of APD to register as a sex offender. A computer check revealed he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. Feliciano was arrested without incident and booked into county jail.
- ·9/20/2016 at 11:42 am, a resident in the 2200 block of Banyan Way called APD to report that last night she heard gunshots in the area at around 3:00 am. She came outside this morning and found both of her cars had been struck with bullets. The resident told the officer she didn’t know who shot her vehicles and some neighborhood kids picked up the casings. There are no other investigative leads at this time.
- ·9/20/2016 at 9:13 am, a neighbor in the 3500 block of Mallard Way called APD to report an unknown vehicle in front of her neighbor’s house with two suspects looking over the fence. When officers arrived a short time later, they heard glass break to the rear of the house. Two suspects ran west bound up a hill towards the entrance to Black Diamond Mines. Soon after that, one suspect appeared from a few houses down and quickly got into a black Hyundai Sonata rental car. The vehicle fled the scene but was picked up by an officer who was just arriving in theneighborhood. The Hyundai fled down James Donlon Blvd. and a pursuit was initiated, but it was quickly terminated due to the excessive speed the Hyundai was travelling. Officers checked the house and found it was burglarized, but there appeared to be no loss. The suspects that ran over the hill were not located.
- ·9/19/2016 at 8:48 pm, 32 year old Adam Smith got onto a Tri Delta bus at the Bay Point BART station. He refused to pay for his fare and the bus driver was afraid of Smith so she didn’t push the issue. Smith began asking other passengers for money and talking about God as he talked to himself. Smith tried to push the bus driver out of her seat while the bus was moving and grabbed at the steering wheel to turn the bus from its course. The driver was able to maintain control of the bus and pulled to the curb at Sycamore Dr. and Auto Center Dr. in Antioch where she called for the police. Officers contacted Smith, but he refused officers’ commands and struggled with the officers. Smith was ultimately arrested and taken to county jail for carjacking and resisting arrest.
- ·9/19/2016 at 11:14 pm, officers noticed suspicious subjects loitering around the detached garage at 29 E. 6th St, who all quickly went inside and closed the door after seeing the police. Officers made contact with a woman at the garage. The woman initially lied to officers but ultimately admitted that 38 year old Albert Riley was hiding inside the garage. A records check of Riley revealed a felony warrant in the system for grand theft. Riley surrendered after a few announcements were made. He was booked into county jail.
- ·9/19/2016 at 6:06 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Cavallo Rd. and Gary Ave. for a subject slumped over in a vehicle. Officers arrived and located 49 year old Leonard Burleigh asleep in the passenger seat of a parked vehicle. Burleigh is on misdemeanor probation and during a search was found to be in possession of methamphetamine. Burleigh was released from the scene with a citation.
- ·9/19/2016 at 12:22 pm, officers were dispatched to 2530 Cathy Ct. for a restraining order violation. Upon arrival, they contacted 39 year old Marcos Figueroa in the backyard in violation of a served restraining order. He was arrested without incident and booked into county jail.
- ·9/18/2016 at 7:30 pm, 34 year old Michael Vegas called the police stating that he was at CVS located at 4028 Lone Tree Way and that he needed help washing methamphetamine off his body. Vegas was determined to be under the influence of a controlled substance and arrested. He was booked into county jail.
- ·9/18/2016 at 5:36 pm, an officer was flagged down by the clerk at Romi’s liquors located at 418 E. 18th St. who said he had a restraining order against 32 year old Randy Williams and that Williams was in front of the store refusing to leave. The officer arrived and located Williams walking away from the store. Williams was contacted and determined to be on felony probation with a stay away order from Romi’s. Williams was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/18/2016 at 3:30 pm, an officer contacted 20 year old Jordon Hanson and 33 year old Sarah Hendrickson at W 2nd St. and F St. A computer check revealed both subjects had warrants for their arrest. The warrants were confirmed and Hendrickson was cited and released from the scene for petty theft. Hanson was booked into county jail for narcotics related warrants.
- ·9/18/2016 at 2:09 pm, an officer conducted a traffic stop on a Honda without license plates. The officer made contact with 32 year old Jaamar Jones who is on parole. During a search, Jones was found in possession of a small amount of methamphetamine. He was arrested and cite-released in the field.
- ·9/18/2016 at 10:04 am, officers were dispatched to the area of Winterglen Way and Woodbridge Way on a report of suspicious males walking around with back packs, possibly casing the neighborhood for homes to burglarize. Officers arrived in the area and located one subject, 20 year old Tevin Herron, who appeared to be acting as a look-out on Country Hills Dr. and Chism Way. As officers attempted to get into position to contact him, they lost sight of Herron. Officers found Herron again walking on Country Hills Dr. and Hillcrest Ave. but now he was with three other males. Officers attempted to contact the males, but three took off running. Herron stopped and was detained. Officers chased one of the males on foot from Country Hills Dr., through Wal-Mart, around several other businesses and then up the hill behind the skate park where he was caught. The other two males were not located. Herron admitted the other three males were getting ready to break into a house. A homeowner in the 4800 block of Chism Way approached officers at the scene and advised the officers their house had been burglarized. The resident showed officers a photo saved from their Ring.com doorbell system and it was a picture of Herron. Herron was questioned about the crime and he admitted to it. Herron was ultimately booked into county jail. Herron and the second subject that was detained are from the same neighborhood in San Francisco, however, they claimed not to know each other. Officers are still looking into the possibility they committed other burglaries in the area. The second subject was released pending further investigation.
- ·9/18/2016 at 6:08 am, a vehicle travelling on Davison Dr. near Harris Dr. left the roadway and struck a PG&E power box which caused a fire. PG&E had to respond and cut the power before Contra Costa County Fire could extinguish the fire. There were no injuries in the collision.
- ·9/17/2016 at 9:19 pm, 31 year old Elvis Barajas was walking in traffic near A St. and W 16thSt. and found to be too intoxicated to care for himself. He was arrested and sent to county jail.
- ·9/17/2016 at 8:21 pm, a customer was inside the Valero located at 1801 Hillcrest Ave. when he saw a male wearing a mask enter the store and approach the clerk. The male suspect demanded money and brandished a pistol. When the clerk said he did not have any money, the male suspect put the gun away and ran out of the store. He was last seen eastbound on E. 18th St. An area check brought negative results and there was no loss.
- ·9/17/2016 at 2:48 pm, a male suspect entered the Save Cleaner located at 3190 Contra Loma Blvd. and pointed a handgun at the clerk demanding money. The suspect fled the business with cash and left in a gray four door sedan. An area check was conducted with negative results. The suspect was wearing a Philadelphia Eagles Hat and a black t-shirt with “Supporting the Streets” on the front. Surveillance video captured the incident. This case is still under investigation.
- ·9/17/2016 at 9:29 am, officers were dispatched to the rear of Sporting Edge located at 2005 Somersville Road on a complaint of transients in the area possibly using drugs. Officers located 28 year old Jordan Crume who was foundin possession of drug paraphernalia. He was also found to be on felony probation. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/16/2016 at 9:04 pm, officers responded to the report of a female screaming at the Delta Pine apartments located at 2301 Sycamore Dr. in the center of the complex. Upon arrival, the female was gone, but officers contacted 47 year old James Saunders. A records check showed an outstanding warrant for his arrest for violation of parole. He was taken into custody without incident and booked into county jail.
- ·9/16/2016 at 8:34 pm, an officer made a vehicle enforcement stop for traffic violations. 40 year old Cesar Franco displayed objective symptoms of being under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. After a series of field sobriety tests, the officers gave Franco an opportunity to blow into the preliminary alcohol screening device. The device showed Franco’s blood alcohol content to beat .31%. Franco was placed under arrest and was transported to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·9/16/2016 at 2:28 pm, a 21 year old male came to Antioch PD to report an armed robbery. The male stated he ordered approximately 1 1/2 pounds of marijuana and edibles from a marijuana dispensary out of Martinez. The male arranged to meet the delivery driver on Silva St. Upon the delivery driver’s arrival, the male got into the delivery driver’s front passenger seat. The two were about to exchange money for marijuana. The victim had $4,000 in cash and his cell phone on his lap when two unknown males approached him. One of the males pointed a firearm at the victim’s chest as the other male punched the delivery driver in the face. The two males took the victim’s marijuana, cash and cell phone. The responsibles had similar descriptions as the suspects in the robbery at the Credit Union on day shift. A photo line-up was created but the victim was unable to identify them. Officers have not been able to locate or determine who the delivery driver was as of this writing.
- ·9/16/2016 at 12:07 pm, two males entered the Las Brumas Mexican Restaurant located at 913 W. 10th St. and demanded that the employees get onto the floor. Both males had their hands under their shirts and stated that they had guns. The two males stole the till from the cash register and fled the store on foot. At 1:45 pm, the Antioch Credit Union located at 301 G St. was robbed by two males. 18 year old Anthony Smith and 18 year old Khalid Noel were arrested for the bank robbery. Smith was positively identified as committing the Las Brumas robbery also. The investigation is ongoing. Both males were booked into county jail.
- ·9/16/2016 at 1:46 am, 45 year old Gary Duarte was contacted and arrested in the area of E. 18th St. and Terrace Dr. on an outstanding no-cite warrant. He was booked into county jail without incident.
- ·9/15/2016 at 10:59 pm, 35 year old Curtis Jones was observed riding his bike on the sidewalk in the area of Hillcrest Ave. and Lone Tree Way in violation of Antioch municipal codes. An officer made an enforcement stop and discovered Jones was wanted out of San Francisco for theft related violations. Jones was taken into custody without incident. Jones was transported to county jail on the warrant and while at county jail, was found to be in possession of suspected methamphetamine. Jones was booked on the additional charges.
- ·9/15/2015 at 8:27 pm, a grandfather was pushing his granddaughter in her stroller for a daily walk. He was crossing at Gentrytown Dr. and Lopez Dr. when a vehicle driving northbound on Gentrytown Dr, struck them in the crosswalk. The driver stated a bus pulled from the nearby bus stop and its headlights had temporarily blinded him. He saw the grandfather pushing the stroller at the last minute and slowed to a couple miles an hour. He broadsided the stroller, just knocking it over. The infant was restrained in an attached car carrier that sits on the stroller. This was knocked loose and onto the ground. The baby was uninjured, but transported to the hospital as a precaution. The baby was released later in the shift with no notable injuries. Alcohol and speed were not factors.
- ·9/15/2016 at 7:00 am, a US Postal Inspector requested we assist his unit with a search at a house in the 3200 block of Ashley Way. 54 year old Daniel Hard lives at the residence and is on parole. He is also a known criminal street gang member. We sent two units to be on the outside perimeter and for radio communications. During the search Postal Inspectors found over 1,000 stolen identities, a pistol, a stolen vehicle and methamphetamine. We agreed to book Hard into county jail for the Inspectors, so he can be held until he is indicted federally.