Shootout, embezzlement, stabbings, identity theft, armed robbery among Antioch Police calls for service highlights, July 14-21, 2016Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Antioch Police highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated July 22, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service & Arrest Data Summary:
Time Period: 07/14/16 00:00:00 – 07/20/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,702
Number of Case Reports: 295
Number of Arrests: 63
Arrests with DUI charge: 1
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·On 7/14/16 at 10:46 am APD was called to Sports Authority for an embezzlement case. It was discovered that on four different occasions since 6/24/16 that the store manager, 38 year old Lisa Hoglen, would void out cash transactions and make it appear that the customer returned the merchandise. These transactions were caught on video and showed that Hoglen would void out the transaction without any merchandise being returned. The total loss to the store was $3,200. Hoglen was arrested and transported to county jail.
- ·On 7/14/16 at 8 pm officers responded to a local hospital for a 6 year old child who was attacked by a pit-bull while walking with his grandmother near the Antioch Marina. It was learned that the child was walking ahead of his grandmother on the raised wooden walkway heading towards downtown when a white pit-bull charged him and began attacking him. The child suffered several wounds to his groin and upper legs. The owner of the dog arrived and fled with the dog towards the Marina. The Grandmother took the child home and then to the hospital once she saw the severity of the injuries. The child was transferred to a hospital in San Francisco for treatment due his age and need for surgery. As of this writing, the child had been treated and was admitted for observation. The injuries were not life threatening. An extensive search was done of the downtown, marina, and surrounding areas using several officers and CCSO Helicopter Star 3 with negative results. A witness was located and she provided a description of the responsible dog and owner who appeared to be homeless. Animal Control was advised of the incident and will be following up with officers in the morning. The search was complicated by the 150+ “Pokémon GO” players at the Marina and in the downtown area.
- ·While officers were at the hospital with the dog bite victim, a 35 year old male came into the Emergency Room with a stab wound to his left arm and elbow. He refused to provide any information other than it happened two days ago somewhere on West 10th Street and the responsible was an adult male. He was treated and released. No possible related incidents could be located in an event search
- ·On 7/15/16 at 4:45 am a 35 year old male called after seeing his ex-girlfriend, 38 year old Christina Denisoff, in front of his house on William Reed Drive. She recently stabbed him and fled after the incident. A warrant for that incident, along with warrants for several other incidents, were issued for her arrest. She was contacted attempting to hide along the side yard and taken into custody without incident. She was booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/15/16, at 0739 hours, the 32 year old male came home to his apartment on Sycamore Drive, after being gone for a few days, and found his 2 roommates overdosing on bath salts. We responded and they were transported to the hospital. At about 8:48 a.m., the 32 year old called back and reported he found numerous Social Security Numbers, CDL’s, checks and mail in a bag in the living room of the apartment. Officers responded and found 6 CDL’s with 28 year old Garrett Schwab’s photo and six separate victims’ information. There were also numerous credit cards, stolen checks, stolen mail and over 50 victims’ personal information. A records check showed that Schwab had two warrants for identity theft and one warrant for possession of a controlled substance. Schwab was taken into custody at the hospital. Since 2014 Schwab has been arrested 10 times for identity theft and was currently out on bail for the same. Schwab was booked into county jail with a bail of $625,000.
- ·On 7/15/16 at 10:44 am 29 year old Anthony Ramirez was contacted on H Street and found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/15/16 at 3:58 pm officers responded to the report of several shots fired in the area of West 9th Street and H Street. Upon arrival, it was determined an unknown subject fired 10 rounds and then fled in a dark colored vehicle. No victims could be located.
- ·On 7/15/16 at 8:15 pm an officer attempted to stop a white Honda after getting a computer hit for the car and it being reported as stolen. The driver, later identified as 24 year old Steven Cardoza, refused to stop and headed northbound on G Street. A pursuit was initiated for a few blocks and then terminated due to the driver’s excessive speed and reckless driving. After the pursuit, a call was received involving the stolen vehicle colliding with a truck in the Celia’s parking lot and two subjects running from the car. Any area check was made and after reviewing the video, both Steven Cardoza and his 25 year old brother Raymond Cardoza were identified as the occupants of the car. Another officer located them walking to the BonFare market on West 10th Street. Both were taken into custody and later booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/16/16 at 3:01 am Neighbors of the La Petite Academy on Shaddick Drive called to report subjects tampering with the buses in the school parking lot. On arrival, officers confronted 22 year old Savannah Vetterli and 22 year old Richard Raymundo-Wilcox as they were trying to flee on foot. Both were detained without incident. A third subject managed to flee on foot and was not located, but his truck was found nearby. It was discovered that the three had been drilling the fuel tanks from parked buses and vans in the parking lot in order to get the fuel for their vehicle. Both were booked into county jail without incident.
- ·On 7/16/16 at 12:00pm 59 year old James Woodmancy was contacted in the field near 39 E 6th Street. Woodmancy was found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/16/16 at 4:51 pm an unknown male in a medical mask entered the Dollar General on 10th Street armed with a dark colored handgun. He ordered the clerk to stand back while he emptied the cash from the register. He fled out of the store to a waiting silver or gray Minivan on 9th Street and fled. An area check met with negative results and no one was injured.
- ·On 7/16/16 at 9:01 pm 35 year old Jennifer Higgs was taken into custody by Wal-Mart Loss Prevention for shoplifting. She was found to have a No Cite warrant for theft and turned over to APD. She was booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/17/16 at 4:11 am 22 year old Wayneisha Bridges was contacted in Waldie Plaza and found to have a warrant for her arrest. She was booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/16/16 at 6:08 am an officer conducted a traffic stop on a Honda. The vehicle came back as recently stolen out of Brentwood. The driver yielded and was taken into custody without incident. The vehicle was returned to the owner and 25 year old Mychal Plew was booked into county jail.
- ·On 7/17/16 at 5:58 pm officers were dispatched to a residence on Helmuth Lane that has been red tagged by the City as uninhabitable. There have been approx 20 calls for service at this residence for trespassing complaints in the past few weeks. Today, officers were dispatched there once again and contacted 66 [year old] Kinder inside the home. Kinder has been arrested three times in the past few weeks for trespassing at the residence. Kinder was arrested and booked into county jail on a likely to continue.
- ·On 7/17/16 at 9:15 pm a 20 year old male was in front of the 7-11 store on Contra Loma Blvd when another adult male approached him and asked to use his cell phone. When the victim refused, the male pistol whipped him in the face causing moderate injury. The male was able to grab the cell phone from the victim and then took $10 from his front pants pocket. He then fled the area on foot.
- ·On 7/17/15 at 10:35 pm a 27 year old male was at the 7-11 on East 18th Street, paying for his items when a 17 year old male juvenile came into the store with his family and stabbed the victim 11 times for no apparent reason. The 17 year old took the victim’s cell phone after the victim fell to the ground and then fled the store. Some members of the 17 year olds family stayed with the victim and tried to help him, but they were not very forthcoming and provided false information. Officers were able to determine that the 17 year old lived on Pinenut Way. Officers went to the address and found him asleep in a vehicle parked at the residence. The 17 year old was arrested and sent to Juvenile Hall. The victim was stabbed once in the face, twice in the torso, and eight times to his right arm. He was transported to a hospital, had surgery, and is in stable condition. This appears to be a random attack.
- ·On 7/18/16 at 3:15 pm the 62 year old victim was in the parking lot of Fallas Discount Store and preparing to get into her vehicle. She was approached by an adult male who ripped her purse from her grasp. She chased after the responsible to which he responded by brandishing a chrome handgun from his waistband. She stopped chasing him and watched as he got into the passenger seat of a white SUV. The vehicle fled west on Delta Fair Blvd toward Pittsburg. An area check for the vehicle was met with negative results. The victim was not injured and the loss was her purse.
- ·On 7/18/16 at 4:09 pm officers responded to the Riverview Motel on East 18th Street for the report of a wanted person hiding out. Officers arrived and found 42 year old Christina Palominos who had a no bail warrant out of the US Marshall’s office for smuggling aliens. She was arrested and sent to county jail.
- ·On 7/18/16 at 5:02 pm officers were dispatched to Sutter Delta Memorial Hospital for the report of a 1 day old baby who tested positive for cocaine. The 35 year old mother admitted to using cocaine during her pregnancy. The baby was placed on a hold and given to Children and Family Services.
- ·On 7/18/16 at 6:40 pm a 14 year old juvenile was riding his bike near Prewett Ranch Drive playing Pokémon GO. While looking for Pokémons using his cell phone, two adult males approached him, brandished handguns, and demanded that he empty his pockets. When it was discovered that he had nothing in his pockets, they took his iPhone. The juvenile was not injured.
- ·On 7/19/16 at 9:58 am officers were dispatched to the above listed parking lot for a complaint regarding subjects sleeping in a motor home. 44 year old David Bledsoe was contacted inside the motor home during a probation search. A name check revealed Bledsoe had a PAL warrant out of CDC. He was arrested without incident and sent to county jail.
- ·On 7/19/16 at 10:11 am an officer was on Somersville Road and saw 33 year old Michael Woodruff in a parking lot. The officer knew Woodruff had an outstanding warrant from CDC parole and conducted a pedestrian stop. Woodruff was arrested without incident and transported to county jail.
- ·On 7/20/16 at 9:39 am a 17 year old female was walking on Hillcrest Avenue near Laurel Road when a white vehicle pulled up next to her. Three black male juveniles exited the vehicle and demanded her money at knifepoint. The victim gave the suspects her Apple 6S+ cellular phone. The suspects fled in the white vehicle westbound on Hillcrest Avenue. The suspects were not located.
- ·On 7/20/16 at 5:25 pm officers located a stolen Honda driving on Mahogany Way near Spanos St. The vehicle pulled to the curb and all occupants were detained without incident. 19 year old Karina Morrow was found to be the driver of the car. She was booked at APD and later sent to county jail. All other occupants were released from the scene.
- ·On 7/21/16 at 2:21 am an officer attempted to stop a vehicle for CVC violations. When he provided the plate to dispatch, it was learned the vehicle had been reported stolen. The driver, 20 year old Elijah Reynante refused to stop and a pursuit was initiated. Reynante drove into Jade Court and lost control of the vehicle. He sideswiped a parked car and then drove onto the front side yard of a house before becoming stuck on a large rock. Reynante and the passenger were taken into custody without incident. Reynante was booked into county jail and the passenger was released.
- ·On 7/21/16 at 2:37 am APD dispatch received a call of a subject being dropped off in the Ambulance Bay of a local hospital with multiple gunshot wounds. It was learned that the 20 year old male victim was near downtown Antioch when he was approached by an unknown person and shot with a shotgun. He was driven to the hospital for treatment and refused to provide any other details. He had been shot with birdshot and had no life threatening injuries. An extensive area check of the downtown area located the scene on G Street between West 3rd and 4th Streets. Just prior to this call, APD dispatch had received multiple calls of shots fired somewhere near West 10th Street and G Street. It appears there was some type of shoot out on G Street with multiple businesses struck. Various casings of differing calibers were located in the street. No witnesses could be located. Due to the number of rounds fired, area hospitals were notified.