Archive for the ‘Dining’ Category
By Allen Payton
A new restaurant is now open in Antioch’s historic, downtown Rivertown, and is owned by two partners with over 60 years of experience in restaurants, cooking and catering. Plates, owned by Dawn Bass and Hamid “Tony” Loinab will offer what they are labeling as eclectic cuisine.
“We offer a whole dining experience,” said Dawn, the former executive chef at Trilogy in Brentwood, chef at the Discovery Bay Yacht Club and owner of Pasta Cucina in Brentwood. “You can sit down on the couches, put your feet on the coffee table, relax and enjoy.”
They will offer prime rib, cioppino and sopas (pronounced soupish) on Fridays, a Sunday champagne brunch served buffet style from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., crawdads from Isleton and a variety of wines.
“We’re trying to get as many local items, as possible, including wines,” she shared. “We’re also making some crafty cocktails, with faux liquors, which have a lower alcohol content.”
The menu will include various burgers and five different fresh salads, and 10 different sandwiches including a Vietnamese sandwich. Plus, they will serve kabobs for dinner and in a wrap for lunch.
“We have really nice burgers,” Dawn stated. “One called the Speakeasy. Plus the Big Daddy Burger which has blue cheese, sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese and arugula.”
Tony, who has 30 years in the restaurant business, including Black Angus, Red Robin and Hungry Hunter, and owning New York New York Pizza in the county.
They plan to have jazz and dinner music for diners to enjoy. Dinner will be served at 4:00 p.m.
Located at 420 West Second Street, the restaurant will be open Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays.
Stop by and see Dawn and Tony, and try out some of their eclectic cuisine, today.
“Just ask for the good looking guy,” Tony added with a laugh.
Look for their grand opening some time in August.
By Allen Payton
Pete’s Restaurant & Brewhouse chain has opened their 13th location in Antioch. They offer a variety of menu items including steaks, burgers, pizzas, pastas, flatbreads and sandwiches. Their pastrami sandwich is very tasty with just the right amount of creamy horseradish.
Plus, they offer a variety of salads, a daily soup and delicious desserts, like their monkeybread. Of course, Pete’s has over 40 beers on tap, as well as specialty drinks like a Roy Rogers and Shirley Temple for the kids.
Pete’s goal is to create a warm, welcoming environment for their unique concept of fine, contemporary family dining. Enjoy the fireside patio.
“It’s an honor to have created a new place for Antioch to thrive,” said owner Harman Grewal. “We are proud to say 85% of our staff are Antioch residents, as is the general manager.”
Pete’s R & B is the place to be for every occasion: date night, family night, events, meetings and celebrations.
They’re open for lunch and dinner and located at 2709 Hillcrest Avenue, off Larkspur. Stop by or call 522-2222.
Denny’s in Antioch will celebrate its recent remodeling by serving up an all-day Grand Celebration on Friday, April 22, beginning at 8 a.m. 4823 Lone Tree Way, the newly-renovated restaurant offers diners a first look at its all-new, locally-inspired design and updated features.
Denny’s has undergone an extensive top-to-bottom interior renovation, complete with a hint of Antioch flavor. The recently-reopened diner will feature an exclusive Antioch mural, in addition to updated booths, chairs and tables. Modern wall accents, hardwood floor tiles, a fresh coat of paint and landscaping ensure guests will enjoy an all-new Denny’s from every angle.
To kick off the grand re-opening festivities, Denny’s will offer select diner classics at a reduced price from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. on April 22. For only $2.99, guests can enjoy Denny’s Original Slam®, which includes two buttermilk pancakes, two eggs cooked to order, two bacon strips and sausage links. Incredible values will also be available during lunch, dinner and anytime in between with The Super Bird® for 3.99 and the Country-Fried Steak Dinner for $5.99. Hundreds of additional prizes, including complimentary cups of Denny’s new signature coffee blends for one month with the purchase of a limited-edition Denny’s mug, will be given away during the celebration.
“Today’s reopening is not only an exciting day for the residents of Antioch, but for all of us at Denny’s, as well,” said Jim Kidwell, District Manager. “We’ve been a key part of this community for many years, and we couldn’t think of a better way to thank our friends and neighbors for their continued support than with a Grand Celebration.”
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, the Antioch Denny’s will continue to serve great food at affordable prices for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night in a relaxed, friendly environment. Denny’s is also known for providing its customers with tremendous value, including these great deals:
- $2 $4 $6 $8 Value Menu® – Denny’s all day, every day value menu lets guests choose from 16 dishes at affordable prices, including traditional favorites as well as several new a la carte items.
- Kids Eat Free – Guests can receive up to two free kids meal for children ages 10 and under with the purchase of each adult entrée. The offer is good from 4 to 10 p.m. on Tuesdays and Saturdays; menu items and prices may vary.
- “Fit Fare” – Delicious choices that are good for you, too. Denny’s “Fit Fare” options feature healthy choices like egg whites and hearty wheat breads that can be substituted into any meal for no extra charge. Using the expansive Build Your Own Grand Slam® menu, diners have more than 250 ways to build a meal with 550 calories or less, and 32 ways to build a meal of 400 calories or less. With plenty of simple substitutions and healthy “Fit Fare” entrees found throughout the lunch and dinner menu, Denny’s makes it easy for you to eat well on the go.
- Free Birthday Grand Slam®– Celebrate your special day with a free Original Grand Slam® meal at participating Denny’s restaurants. The Original Grand Slam® offer is free for the birthday guy or gal who can show proof that it’s their birthday, and is good for dine-in only.
- AARP Members Save 15 Percent – Show your AARP membership card at participating Denny’s restaurants and save 15 percent off your total check all day, every day.
About Denny’s Corp.
Denny’s is one of America’s largest full-service family restaurant chains, currently operating 1,700 franchised, licensed and company-owned restaurants across the United States, Canada, Costa Rica, Mexico, Honduras, Guam, Curaçao, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Chile, New Zealand and the United Arab Emirates. For further information on Denny’s, including news releases, please visit the Denny’s website at www.dennys.com or the brand’s social channels via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram or YouTube.