Antioch Police calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated September 30, 2016 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data Summary:
Time Period: 09/22/2016 00:00:00 – 09/28/16 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,728
Number of Case Reports: 303
Number of Arrests: 84
Arrests with DUI charge: 1
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- ·9/28/2016 at 9:28 pm, two female residents arrived home in the 3100 block of Ashley Way and pulled into their driveway. As the driver exited the car, she was approached by two males wearing hoodies with the drawstrings cinched tight covering their faces. The two males were armed with firearms and demanded the victim’s purses. The victim gave the responsibles her purse and they fled the scene in a white sedan. The entire incident was caught on video, which was collected and logged into evidence. Area check for the responsibles met with negative results. Pittsburg PD also had an armed robbery with similar descriptions of the suspects.
- ·9/28/2016 at 10:54 am, an APD detective obtained a Ramey warrant for 37 year old Kevin Pardue for being an accessory to the Green Hills Cir. shooting that occurred on 8/31/2016. Pardue was contacted on W 8th St. and taken into custody. Pardue was booked into county jail.
- ·9/28/2016 at 12:23 am, the victim was getting ready for work downtown and pulled his pressure washer out of his garage and put it in the driveway. The victim went back into the garage to get more tools when 41 year old Phillip Morell pulled into the victim’s driveway. The victim did not know Morell so he asked what he wanted. Morell backed into the street and then accelerated toward the victim, driving over a curb and into the driveway in an attempt to hit the victim. The victim jumped out of the way and Morell hit the neighbor’s car. Morell backed up and accelerated toward the victim again, but the victim was able to flee unharmed. While officers were on scene taking the report, Morell drove by and then fled when he saw the officers. Officers conducted a traffic stop on Morell at W 9th St. and L St. Morell fled on foot from the stop, but was apprehended at W 10th St. and L St. Morell was arrested and sent to county jail for assault with a deadly weapon.
- ·9/27/2016 at 11:37 am, the suspect entered the Arco station at 2610 Contra Loma Blvd. and tried to cover this face while another customer walked out. While the register was still open, the suspect reached over the counter and grabbed cash. As he was trying to get more cash, the clerk, tried to fight off the suspect. The clerk was struck several times in the face. The suspect eventually fled the business with the cash. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the suspect.
- ·9/27/2016 at 10:13 am, an officer contacted 31 year old Phillip Katusich in the area of Delta Fair Blvd. and Kendree St. and he was found to have a warrant for his arrest for narcotics. He was arrested and issued a new court date.
- ·9/27/2016 at 7:36 am, officers were dispatched to East Hills Vet located at 2325 Buchanan Rd. on report of people having sex in a vehicle. The officer determined this information to be false but discovered the occupant of the car, 46 year old Michael Fortner, had four warrants for his arrest for traffic and narcotics violations. He was arrested without incident and booked in county jail.
- ·9/27/2016 at 1:15 am, 21 year old Calvin Raines was intoxicated and causing a disturbance at his residence on Matterhorn Ct. Officers arrived on scene and saw Rains walking down the street and falling down. Rains was arrested for public intoxication and taken to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·9/26/2016 at 9:45 pm, officers in the Sycamore Dr. area reported hearing gun shots. A short time later, several calls to APD dispatch reported that shots were fired in front of a home in the 2200 block of Dogwood Way and that a subject was shot. Officers arrived and located a 26 year old male victim who had a gunshot wound to his leg. The gunshot victim was uncooperative with officers and was taken to the hospital. While working the scene, the hospital called advising another gunshot victim arrived in the emergency room and was dropped off by a male in a silver vehicle. The second victim also had a gunshot wound to his leg. He was interviewed and advised he was dropped off at the hospital by a subject who is known to officers. A short time later, officers located the driver in his silver vehicle in the area of the Sycamore QuickStop market with 22 year old Lawrence Harmon in the passenger seat. The driver of the silver vehicle was found to have been shot in the elbow. No one claimed to know who the shooter was. A computer check revealed Harmon had an outstanding warrant for robbery and was arrested and booked into county jail. The investigation is ongoing.
- ·9/26/2016 at 4:41 pm, 38 year old Lee Rivers entered the Grocery Outlet at 1818 A St. and concealed several food items. He exited the store without making any attempt to pay for the items. As he was confronted by store employees, Rivers ran away and was ultimately caught by a mall security officer. Rivers is on parole and was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/26/2016 at 1:07 pm, officers were dispatched to an address in the 2300 block of Sequoia Dr. regarding a suspicious circumstance call. The caller advised that 18 year old Monica Hall was at the location and had a warrant. Officers located Hall and arrested her on a probation warrant and sent to county jail.
- ·9/26/2016 at 11:58 am, an officer was in the area of the Bonfare Market on W 10th St. following up on an earlier robbery investigation when he saw 46 year old Timothy Crabtree. The officer knew Crabtree had a warrant for his arrest for a misdemeanor drug offense and took him into custody. Crabtree was cited and released with a new court date.
- ·9/26/2016 at 7:51 am, an officer conducted a suspicious vehicle stop to the rear of Staples on Lone Tree Way and contacted 31 year old Robert Lovins. During a search, Lovins was found to be in possession of 15 Xanax pills without a prescription. He was cited and released.
- ·9/25/2016 at 11:30 pm, a repossession agent repossessed a car on Acacia Ave. and drove it to the Travis Credit Union at 2721 Lone Tree Way to fully hook up and finish the paperwork. The repo agent was sitting in his tow truck with the window down and his arm out the window. 28 year old Jacquet Holloway, who owns the repossessed car, poked the repo agent in the arm with an ice pick and told him to unhook the car. The repo agent was in fear of his life and complied. Holloway was located driving a different car and arrested without incident for felony assault. He was booked into county jail. The victim was not seriously injured during the incident.
- ·9/25/2016 at 11:12 pm, an officer was conducting an area check for a robbery suspect in the area of 340 W. 2nd St. when he contacted 20 year old Jacob Sahagon behind the old Antioch Lumber building. Sahagon was determined to not be involved with the robbery, but had a felony warrant for his arrest from Manteca Police Department. He was arrested and booked at county jail.
- ·9/25/2016 at 2:44 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Lone Tree Liquors at 2748 W. Tregallas Rd. regarding several subjects attacking an adult male. Officers arrived to find the victim had an obvious broken arm and complaints of pain in numerous parts of his body. He began his statement to officers by saying he did not want to make a report and will refuse all services. Eventually, officers learned the victim was possibly struck with an axe handle (no axe head), which broke his arm. Officers also learned this was possibly due to the transient male victim stealing property from an unknown male, age 30-40 years. The victim was transported to the hospital for treatment and refused to sign medical paperwork. Video from nearby businesses did not capture the incident. Nothing further at this time.
- ·9/25/2016 at 2:11 pm, officers were dispatched to the area of Dallas Ranch Rd and Mt. Hamilton Dr. for a suspicious device. We arrived and located a pressure cooker on the sidewalk. It was sitting on top of a piece of cardboard. In light of recent events, the Walnut Creek Bomb Unit was contacted and they responded. Ultimately, the pressure cooker was not an explosive device. The bomb unit advised there have been other incidents in the bay area since the incident that took place in New York.
- ·9/25/2016 at 12:12 pm, a neighbor of 67 year old Steven Kinder on Helmuth Lane got into an argument with Kinder which resulted in Kinder coming after his neighbor with a golf club. Kinder swung the club at the neighbor, nearly hitting him in the head. Kinder was located in the area and arrested without incident. He was booked in county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 10:20 pm, officers were dispatched to Lucky’s on Contra Loma Blvd. on a report of an unwanted guest refusing to leave. Upon arrival, officers made contact with 28 year old Brandon Harris in front of the store. Harris displayed objective symptoms of being under the influence of alcohol. Harris was arrested for public intoxication and transported to county jail for a sobering period.
- ·9/24/2016 at 9:16 pm, officers were dispatched to Pete’s Restaurant and Brew house on a report of subjects living out of a pickup in the parking lot. Upon arrival, officers contacted 54 year old Ray Binetti and discovered he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest for a misdemeanor narcotics charge. Binetti was arrested and transported to county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 4:15 am, officers responded to an alarm call at the Lynn House at 809 First St. Upon arrival, they found the garage was open and the latch had been damaged. Officers looked on the roof of the garage and located 37 year old Terrance Adams sleeping. He was ordered down and arrested for trespassing. Adams was also found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was later taken to county jail.
- ·9/24/2016 at 1:04 am, officers were dispatched to a large party with approximately 100 plus attendees in the 1800 block of Santa Fe Ave. A fight broke out and the party-goers began leaving on their own once officers arrived. Several hours later, we were called back to the party for the report of an assault and robbery which had occurred. We arrived and spoke with the victims who stated they were beaten and robbed by two unknown males. Afterwards, the males got into a white Honda and drove away. The victims followed the males and were able to get a license plate. We located the white Honda occupied only by a male driver, 19 year old Desmond Tanuvasa, who denied involvement. He was the sole occupant but officers noticed blood on his pants. The victims were taken to the scene and identified Tanuvasa as the driver but not involved in the actual assault. One of the victim’s wallets was located in the car. Tanuvasa arrested and taken to county jail for the charges of robbery and possession of stolen property. Tanuvasa refused to provide the names of the other males at the time of his arrest. The victims were taken to the hospital for injuries sustained from the assault.
- ·9/23/2016 at 5:56 pm, officers were dispatched to a report of an armed robbery at K-mart located at 3625 E 18th St. Upon arrival, they spoke with a security guard for K-mart. He explained that a male subject entered the store and stole Legos and fishing equipment. The male fled the store with security right behind him. A vehicle pulled between the guard and the suspect and a male driver pulled out a handgun and pointed it at the guard. The male stated he needed to feed his kids and the suspects fled in a maroon vehicle. The security guard stated he was not in fear and only stopped due to store policy. An extensive area check was conducted but the suspects were not located.
- ·9/23/2016 at 5:46 pm, a vehicle was west bound on James Donlon Blvd. and turned south onto Silverado Dr. A 32 year old male was traveling at high rate of speed on his skateboard crossing Silverado Dr. heading eastbound. He was unable to slow down and went into the path of the vehicle and was struck. The skateboarder suffered minor abrasions to his face and hands. He was taken to the hospital for precautionary measures only. Both parties were cooperative with the investigation.
- ·9/23/2016 at 10:33 pm, 19 year old Luis Lopez was traveling west bound on W.19th St. at a high rate of speed and was unable to stop at the dead end of W. 19th St. Lopez drove over the curb and up the embankment which caused his vehicle to go airborne. Lopez’s vehicle came to rest along the city owned chain linked fence on the west side of G St. Lopez fled the scene prior to police arrival. Officers responded to Lopez’s residence and contacted Lopez as he arrived home on foot. Lopez had facial injuries consistent to the accident. Lopez admitted to driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. Lopez was also found to have a no bail warrant for his arrest. Once Lopez was medically cleared at the hospital and was arrested on the warrant and for DUI. Lopez was later transported to county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 6:20 pm, 24 year old Phavia Mapp was apprehended by loss prevention at Macy’s in Somersville Towne Centre after being seen on surveillance video stealing approximately $3,000.00 worth of merchandise from the store. Mapp admitted under Miranda to stealing the merchandise. The stolen merchandise was collected and returned to the store. Mapp was found to be on felony probation out of Alameda County for auto theft. Mapp was booked on the listed charges and transported to county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 1:14 pm, an officer contacted 46 year old Donald Miller during a pedestrian stop. Miller was found to have a no cite warrant for possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested and booked into county jail.
- ·9/23/2016 at 8:10 am, a security guard called APD dispatch to report that a male was masturbating near the courtyard area of the old Orchard Supply Hardware on Buchanan Rd. Officers arrived on scene and contacted 28 year old Lawrence Cuff inside of the old Orchard Supply Hardware. The security guard positively identified Cuff and also stated that Cuff has been warned numerous times not to trespass on the property. A records check showed Cuff to be on felony probation. Cuff was arrested and booked into county jail for indecent exposure, trespassing, and a probation violation.
- ·9/22/2016 at 11:04 am, an employee from Antioch Glass located at 1207 Auto Center Dr. called APD dispatch to report two males were inside of the business asking to use a power plug so they could charge their phones. The employee became uncomfortable so she called the police. 32 year old Kevin Christian and 37 year old Robert Bell were contacted. Christian was found to be on parole and officers located 2 grams of methamphetamine in his possession during a search of his person. Christian’s parole officer was contacted and a parole detainer was issued. Christian was arrested and transported to county jail. Bell was released after being identified.