Drugs, stolen cars, sex offender failing to register among Antioch Police calls for Feb. 23-March 1, 2017
Another computer stolen from a Starbucks patron during snatch and run, one suspect caught
Following are the Antioch Police Department calls for service highlights as published in City Manager Steve Duran’s Weekly Report dated March 3, 2017 and provided by Chief of Police Allan Cantando.
Calls for Service and Arrest Data:
Time Period: 02/23/17 00:00:00 – 03/01/17 23:59:59
Number of Calls for Service: 1,628
Number of Case Reports: 281
Number of Arrests: 62
Arrests with DUI charge: 6
The data is based upon unaudited CAD/RMS data at time of report generation.
- 3/1/17 at 12:30 pm, Antioch PD received information of a stolen vehicle traveling eastbound on Sycamore Dr. An officer was in the area and located the vehicle on W. Madill St. near G St. A high-risk traffic stop was conducted and 23 year old John Earlywine was taken into custody without incident. He was also found to have a warrant for his arrest. He was later transported to County Jail, and the stolen vehicle was returned to its owner.
- 2/28/17 at 4:18 pm, an officer was on routine patrol when he made a traffic enforcement stop for vehicle code violations. The driver, 52 year old Thomasa Roberts, was contacted and found to have an outstanding warrant for her arrest related to theft charges. Roberts was arrested without incident and later transported to County Jail.
- 2/28/17 at 7:50 am, officers responded to the 3100 block of S. Francisco Way on a report of a family disturbance. Upon the officers’ arrival, it was discovered 45 year old Luis Flores had an outstanding felony warrant for failing to register as a sex offender. In addition, Flores had a served protection order which prevented Flores from being at the residence. The officers contacted Flores hiding inside the residence. He was arrested without incident and later sent to County Jail.
- 2/28/17 at 5:32 am, officers were dispatched to Quail Lodge on Deer Valley Rd. for a report of a male breaking into vehicles. Prior to officers’ arrival, the male fled in a vehicle and the reporting party provided a description of the vehicle. Officers located the vehicle fleeing the area and performed an enforcement stop. Officers contacted the driver and sole occupant of the vehicle, 40 year old Richard McKenzie. McKenzie had stolen property in his vehicle from the victim vehicles at Quail Lodge. McKenzie was arrested without incident for auto burglary and sent to County Jail.
- 2/27/17 at 10:02 pm, an officer contacted 54 year old Rosalind Stovall during a pedestrian contact. Dispatch advised that Stovall had a warrant for her arrest. Stovall was issued a Promise to Appear with a new court date.
- 2/27/17 at 5:40 pm, an officer contacted 46 year old Anthony Davis loitering in front of a convenience store on W. 10th St. Dispatch advised Davis had an outstanding warrant. He was placed under arrest without incident and sent to County Jail.
- 2/27/17 at 5:29 pm, an officer observed 24 year old Tyler Belleci driving on A St. He recognized Belleci from prior contacts and knew he had an outstanding warrant. A traffic enforcement stop was conducted and Belleci was contacted. He was placed under arrest without incident and sent to County Jail.
- 2/27/17 at 2:32 pm, an officer on routine patrol in the area of L St. and Highway 4 observed a vehicle traveling southbound on L St. with 21 year old Robert Wickham in the passenger seat. The officer was familiar with Wickham and knew he had an outstanding felony warrant related to narcotics and weapons violations. The officer stopped the vehicle and arrested Wickham without incident. He was booked at Antioch PD and later sent to County Jail.
- 2/26/17 at 7:30 pm, an officer was at 7-11 on E. 18th St. when he saw 50 year old Mark Fosselman walk into the store. He recognized Fosselman from prior police contacts and knew he had an outstanding warrant. He placed Fosselman under arrest, and he was sent to County Jail.
- 2/26/17 at 5:41 pm, an officer was driving by Quikstop on Sycamore Dr. and saw 34 year old Lawrence Wiley. The officer recognized Wiley from prior contacts and knew he had an outstanding warrant. Wiley was arrested without incident and sent to County Jail.
- 2/26/17 at 9:00 am, an officer followed up with the victim from an assault that occurred at the Somersville Town Center on Somersville Rd. on 2/21/17. It was discovered the victim had been admitted into an area hospital for a serious head injury from the assault; however, the victim had since been discharged from the hospital. The officer then contacted the 14 year old female suspect in the 4100 block of Delta Fair Blvd. and arrested her without incident. The juvenile suspect admitted to her involvement in the fight and was later booked into Juvenile Hall for felony assault.
- 2/26/17 at 1:43 am, an officer located a vehicle that had a Felony Want associated with a weapons case out of San Francisco. The officer followed the vehicle, waiting for assist units. The driver, later identified as 46 year old Damon Page, accelerated and entered westbound Highway 4. A pursuit was initiated and stayed on Highway 4. Page later surrendered and was taken into custody without further incident when his vehicle’s engine stalled. There were no collisions or injuries during this incident. Page was booked into County Jail and San Francisco PD was notified.
- 2/26/17 at 12:20 am, 32 year old Cochise Potts was contacted in front of Romi’s on E. 18th St. He was found to have three warrants for his arrest. He was taken into custody without incident and later booked into County Jail.
- 2/25/17 at 8:37 pm, an officer attempted a vehicle stop on a Honda that was being driven by 36 year old Daniel Torres for vehicle code violations. Torres yielded, but as the officer was starting to exit his vehicle, Torres sped off. Torres drove less than a block before colliding with truck and trailer that was exiting westbound Highway 4. Torres’ vehicle became disabled, and he attempted to flee on foot but was taken into custody without further incident. Torres was found to be on Federal Probation with a probation warrant for his arrest. A search of his vehicle was done and he was found to be in possession of almost 5 ounces of methamphetamine. Torres was later booked into County Jail for narcotics charges, attempting to evade police, and his warrant.
- 2/25/17 at 5:13 pm, 18 year old Ryan Arnold and an unidentified male adult entered Starbucks on Lone Tree Way and stole a MacBook Pro from the table and ran outside. Two off-duty officers were in the area and detained Arnold at gunpoint until Antioch PD officers arrived on scene. The second suspect was able to escape in an awaiting vehicle. Arnold was arrested for burglary and grand theft and sent to County Jail.
- 2/25/17 at 4:17 pm, officers were dispatched to California Check Cashing on Delta Fair Blvd. on a report of subjects loitering in front of the business. Officers arrive and contacted 18 year old Damarcus Murry, and two 17 year old males and advised them not to loiter in the area or risk being cited. Approximately one hour later, officers were sent back to the area because the group returned. Murry and one of the 17 year olds became combative and were taken into custody after a brief struggle with officers. Murry was found to be in possession of marijuana for sales and was sent to County Jail for the drug possession charges as well as resisting arrest. The 17 year old was sent to Juvenile Hall for loitering and resisting arrest.
- 2/25/17 at 3:17 am, officers responded to a silent video alarm at Gino’s Auto Body on W. 10th St. The alarm company advised that a subject was seen tampering with vehicles in the back lot. Officers arrived on scene and quickly established a perimeter. 35 year old Ronald Phelps was contacted kneeling down near the open driver’s door of a Honda in the back lot. He had gained access to the car with a set of shaved keys and was in the process of trying to get it started. Phelps was taken into custody without incident. He was later booked into County Jail for attempted vehicle theft and possession of burglary tools.
- 2/25/17 at 2:04 am, 58 year old Arthur Martinez was contacted in the Lucky’s parking lot on E. 18th St. He was taken into custody on a warrant for his arrest. He was later booked into County Jail.
- 2/24/17 at 10:32 pm, an officer was in the parking lot of the Holiday Lodge on W. 10th St. when he saw an Audi A4 driving eastbound on W. 10th St. The officer recognized the Audi as being stolen on 2/22/17 during an armed robbery. The officer followed the Audi until cover units could arrive and a traffic enforcement stop was conducted on California Ave. in Pittsburg. 30 year old Brandon Lopez was contacted as the driver and 38 year old Susan Martin was contacted as the passenger in the Audi. Lopez was searched and found to be in possession of about 1 gram of suspected methamphetamine. The vehicle was searched and a loaded pistol was found in a backpack inside of the vehicle. Lopez was found to have a felony warrant. Both were booked into the County Jail for vehicle theft, narcotics and weapons charges.
- 2/24/17 at 3:44 pm, 44 year old Ramon Gonzalez and the 35 year old victim were involved in a minor traffic collision in the Wal-Mart parking lot on Lone Tree Way. Gonzalez fled the scene and was stopped by an officer when he was pulling into the driveway of his house. Gonzalez was determined to be driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. The victim identified Gonzalez as the suspect. Gonzalez was arrested for misdemeanor hit and run and DUI and booked into County Jail.
- 2/24/17 at 12:08 am, an officer in the area of Sycamore Dr. and Peppertree Way observed 23 year old John Earlywine commit a vehicle code violation. A traffic stop was conducted on William Reed Dr. near L St. and dispatch advised the vehicle was stolen. Earlywine and a female passenger, identified as 30 year old Rachel Robinson, were taken into custody without incident. Robinson was also found to have a warrant for her arrest. Both were later transported to County Jail for vehicle theft and the warrant.
- 2/23/17 at 9:15 pm, officers were dispatched to San Jose Dr. near Buchanan Rd. for the report of a possible traffic collision. Upon their arrival, they located 49 year old Anthony Johnson in the driver’s seat of the vehicle. He appeared to be trying to start the vehicle which had moderate front end damage. Johnson was asked to step out of the vehicle and officers observed signs of Johnson being under the influence of alcohol. They asked Johnson to perform some field sobriety tests. Based on the results of the tests, Johnson was taken into custody. While officers were on scene with Johnson, a victim of a hit and run accident called dispatch to report Johnson’s vehicle colliding into her vehicle at L St. and E. 18th St. Johnson was later transported to County Jail for DUI and Hit and Run.
- 2/23/17 at 9:41 am, officers contacted 34 year old Edward Crandell in the field at the end of Viera Ave. and found him to have warrant for his arrest. He was taken into custody without incident and transported to County Jail.
- 2/23/17 at 7:31 am, officers were dispatched to the parking lot at Waldie Plaza for a disturbance. The caller indicated a male subject was inside a maroon Cadillac honking his horn excessively while yelling. Upon arrival, 56 year old David Peacock was located behind the wheel of his running but parked Cadillac. Peacock showed objective signs of being under the influence of alcohol. A series of field sobriety tests were given which Peacock failed. Peacock was subsequently arrested and transported to County Jail for DUI.